Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Purplegirl49
Favorite Author: Annie Harris-Meachem
Currently Reading: Hope Deferred
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 124696

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Purplegirl49 »

eBOOK! It's so much easier for me to manage and I like changing the size of the type.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I prefer the real thing all day every day! There is something powerful about holding an actual book in my hands. I read ebooks as well but I will never stop buying paperbacks.
CorkyBookworm
Currently Reading: In the Grip of Grace
Bookshelf Size: 65

Post by CorkyBookworm »

I've found that I really like the e-readers for travelling and trips! I love reading on long drives or plane rides and, of course, when I'm on vacation, but packing so many books can get heavy and cumbersome. Plus, I detest getting books wet when I'm at the beach. The Nook and Kindle are light, easy to travel with, and stocked with endless books! Additionally, there are many books that are only available in e-formats. Extra content and shorts and stuff are also widely popular in e-formats. So, I've found a place for the e-readers in my life. That said, I completely agree. There is nothing quite like a physical book in your hands!! I'm an avid collector and reader of all things bookish!
alexxprice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by alexxprice »

Hi Everyone! In my opinion, both ereading and old fashioned paperback books both have positive and negative aspects and in todays society a person can use both. A paperback book is great for when someone is at home and wants to curl up on the couch with a book and read. :techie-studyingbrown: Alternatively, running around town, most on the time, no one wants to lug around a tun of books and that is where ereading in your phone, kindle or ipad can be extra convenient for someone. Personally, I am not sure if anyone else has problems like this but, I can not focus and comprehend ebooks that well. So for me, paperback always is priority.
khusnick
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khusnick.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by khusnick »

I just got a kindle from my boyfriend about two weeks ago, and I still have mixed emotions about it. I love that a lot of series have the first books for free (I'm assuming to get us all hooked so we start paying), but I do love the feel of a physical book.

Turning a page feels a lot better than tapping a screen, but I'm definitely going to take advantage of the first books in series I've been wanting to read being free. I guess I'll be switching back and forth between media methods. It'll save me some trips to the library in this heat at least.
oliveodida
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by oliveodida »

I personally prefer paperback books. There is just something special about holding a new book in your hands. Ebooks are fine, but they don't have the same "wow" factor as paperbacks.
iamNOTHINGbut00

Post by iamNOTHINGbut00 »

I really just like reading atories from any of the two as long as it is given. I can read a paper book and I can also read in eBook. It is a matter of liking such gings that keep you company. :)
Shawntae2269

Post by Shawntae2269 »

The very first ebook reader I ever got I was not the biggest fan because I preferred to actually hold a book. So I didn’t use it as much. But as I have got older I prefer the ebook reader mainly because I travel a lot. I live in a simi so there is not much room to have all my books I love to read. I have at least 100 books that right now is in storage. So with my ebook I can get any kind of book I want. Though when I am home I’ll go to the library sometimes. I love the library.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Personally, I prefer ebooks most of the time since they're easy to carry around (on your smartphone) and bookmark the pages. I like collecting paper books from time to time, simply because the feeling of paper in my hands is just so calming.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Hafsa sufi

Post by Hafsa sufi »

Personally,i prefer both because they both have there equal charm of reading...i have read about 1000 or so paper books and after reading them 2 to 3 times i like to read new books then and through ebook you can explore so much about different variety of books of different authors that are worth reading put doesn't have a published paper book so thats why i prefer both of them
Duh87
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Duh87 »

Paperback always always
zoharis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 198

Post by zoharis »

I love my kindle but I prefer physical books.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

That's a tough choice to make as ebooks are very accessible and you can read it anytime as long as your device is with you but holding a real book provides a real comfort and great reading experience and I'd really love to have a big library of my own. I'd say the classic way will always prevail in my old soul so it's paperback.
JanelleNereen

Post by JanelleNereen »

ebook, I space out when I read an awesome line.. then I distract myself with social media or videos.. then I go back to reading..
Kmykel
Favorite Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmykel.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 3525

Post by Kmykel »

I don't have space to store a million books. People are so quick to vilify ebooks just because they're " new technology", but give me a good e-ink display any day. Paper books take up space, are more prone to damage/theft/etc, and I can only carry a few with me at a time. With my Kindle, I can carry around my entire collection with no issues whatsoever. If something happens to it, I can restore my content via the cloud.

Honestly, there's just so many positives and so few downsides. I don't understand why it's even a debate.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”