Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Damiano_Semufali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Damiano_Semufali »

I love ebooks. Easy to have easy to access.
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

This may be unusual, but I prefer e-books when reading something for the first time / when discovering new books. When I do decide that I like the book though, I love to have a physical copy of it for myself. One thing that I really intend on doing is starting a collection at home.
Losttraveller
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Losttraveller »

honestly I prefer ebooks over paperbooks even though i love the smell of parchment. ebooks are easier to carry, they are environment friendly and the books are way cheaper. The only problem is that my eyes get tired of staring into the screen for too long and i don`t know if this is exactly science, but are ebooks harder to remember compared to paperbooks? i keep forgetting the stories if i don`t constantly re-read them.
but they are environment friendly so...
Shouna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shouna »

I prefer Ebooks they're more practical as to when you're reading in a foreign language and you need to translate words constantly, you won't have to put your book down to pick up the dictionary, or hold the book in one hand and the dictionary in the other hand when you want to look up a word and you want check the spelling. Another thing I like about Ebooks is that you can have as many as you wish without worrying about where to put them and weather they're gonna be weary as time passes by. Finally I like the idea of being able to read anytime anywhere without worrying about others knowing what book you're reading.
ianthasinsight
Currently Reading: The Sugar Queen
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ianthasinsight »

I have a really hard time with ebooks. I neeeeed to flip those pages. My satisfaction comes from being able to hold that book in my hand.
Shri27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rasiga-shri.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Shri27 »

I prefer paperback because I love the feeling of holding a real books in my hands. But I use both paperback and ebook. I use ebooks whenever I'm out. When I'm in home, I use paperback :handgestures-thumbupright: .
Catreeves16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catreeves16.html
Latest Review: No Reprieve: by Inge-Lise Goss
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Catreeves16 »

I may be the odd one out. I love physical books and have tons, but at the same time, I love my Nook. I like holding the book and the smell of the paper and ink. HOWEVER, the Nook is very convenient. It is slim, I can choose from my large library, and I like the backlight, as I do a lot of my reading at bedtime. I started out with the Nook Color, and while I loved it at the time, I found it weighing down my purse and I didn't need all the apps and internet capabilities. I downgraded to the Glowlight and am much more satisfied with it. I am afraid it will die soon, and I will have no choice but to get the more tablet-like nooks to replace it.
tx71mi78

Post by tx71mi78 »

Ebook when at work or traveling but prefer a paperback or hardback instead. I always have a book downloaded to my phone. Another on the kindle. One on my laptop. And a novel in my car.
Graceland_momma

Post by Graceland_momma »

I love the feel of a book in my hands. If I’m reading for pleasure ebooks or the actual book are fine. I rather have the book when I’m reading for information such as in my bible study groups. I like to highlight and use post it notes.
Ivona R
Currently Reading: Clean Water for Developing Countries
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivona-r.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF

Post by Ivona R »

Both! I love reading and I want to be able to read whenever I feel like it. Sure, if I'm home and I have an actual book with me, I'll rather read a paper book. But sometimes I read when I commute or when I'm at a cafe etc. So sometimes it's easier to use an e-book if I'm already carrying my laptop to work/university, instead of carrying a book as well. Also, if I'm looking for a book in another language, it's more likely that e-books will be available in other languages.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

E-book all the way. I do found real book as loads plus the fact that I'm used to reading online; I read faster on ebook rather than holding the real thing because I do get tired easily with hardbook.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

Ebooks all the way. Real books are loads for me. I read faster on online than real books.
bunmiolu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmiolu.html
Latest Review: My Heart in Kenya by Ruth Beardsley

Post by bunmiolu »

I prefer reading ebooks. It's faster when I read ebooks versus paper books. In fact, I can complete 3 ebooks at the same time it will take me to read just 1 similar paper book. For me, digital reading undoubtedly more effective.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I love the feeling of holding a physical book when reading, but sometimes they can be expensive. I'd go for the book if I have money and space, but otherwise ebooks will do the trick.
MadelynLea

Post by MadelynLea »

Nothing compares to a new book with the new book smell... being able to curl up with your blanket and a nice cup of coffee t

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”