Recommended E-Readers

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Mitch23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Recommended E-Readers

Post by Mitch23 »

Hi,

My daughter loves reading books, she is really fond of using the physical books, which I respect, however, we live in a condo, and a reality check, it is not practical keeping all the books that over time collect dust and consume so much space.

She had a kindle 3 years ago, it got broken and she said it's fine since she enjoys reading physical books more. But then, as a mom who would want to keep our house as spacious and as neat as possible, I would like to encourage her to read using an E-Reader.

I was looking at this review, thewiredshopper, basically, they are comparing Amazon Prime from Kindle. They are saying Kindle is really more for serious readers which is my child but at the same time, I like the features Amazon Prime has. I am so confused, but I guess at the end of the day it's not really what I like, but what my child would enjoy, and whatever that will convince her to ditch out physical books and just use an E-Reader.

Your thoughts and input are appreciated.

P.S. Planning to get this for her this Christmas.

Thank you.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

All the models are great. It depends on your budget. The latest model is great, but the Paperwhite is also good.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Mitch23

Post by Mitch23 »

Thank you for your input. Appreciate it!
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

Kindle 10th generation has all the builtin features and thats the best and economical reader that one can buy at this moment.
beatrice_mom

Post by beatrice_mom »

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and can absolutely reccomend it. It's priced 180$ for version with 32 gb memory without adds. Paper books give more atmosphere while reading, your daughter is right. But you can tell her some advantages of an e-book. It's comfortable to bring everywhere, so she will have more time reading. Getting the book is much easier. But I can't recommend to buy that as a surprise if the daughter tells she doesn't like this idea. Just try to talk about it, give some examples, make her want it.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”