I dont like ebooks.

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
bookfalcons
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: I dont like ebooks.

Post by bookfalcons »

the basic reason for this that human can learn one - fourth time compare than paper book. so you are irritating from ebooks. it is genuine.you can like after giving more time to ebook gradually.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

bookfalcons wrote:the basic reason for this that human can learn one - fourth time compare than paper book. so you are irritating from ebooks. it is genuine.you can like after giving more time to ebook gradually.
:?
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Th3LadyH

Post by Th3LadyH »

I feel like eventually I will have to succumb to getting an E-reader. There seem to be a lot of good reasons to having one, not least of which is the ability to have a whole library of books with you. But currently I still love wandering around with a heavy book in my hand; it just feels right.
Athena

Post by Athena »

I much prefer having a real book in my hand compared to an ebook. It just feels much better. I don't have an e-reader, I know some people who do though and have held theirs. I'm worried that at some point there won't be any more real books for sale and we'll have to buy an ereader and ebooks to read new stories. Already there are a few authors who only publish their book digitally. I much prefer to have a book in my hand and not stare at a screen to read a whole book. I don't mind looking at a screen when I'm using my computer, not at all, but I just prefer to have a book in my hand. There is also something to be said for seeing them on your shelf as opposed to just seeing files on your computer or titles on your ereader.
shela

Post by shela »

Actually it hardly matter whether you prefer ebooks or paper books. But it matter how much time you left with to read books these days.
MarryAnn

Post by MarryAnn »

I love reading ebooks:)
0ecpasar

Post by 0ecpasar »

Personally I also prefer a real book.
The influence of the book to me is very large.
frans

Post by frans »

I think everybody prefers a real book :D
superb8effect

Post by superb8effect »

I don't like ebooks : there are too many formats which is incompatible.
ralfy

Post by ralfy »

They are useful only for secondary purposes.
aloeindica

Post by aloeindica »

ebook reading is totally disgusting .the word are so small that i can't read it.
janebeth92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janebeth92.html

Post by janebeth92 »

I don't like them either. There's just something about cracking open a new book, or an old-one. There is too much technology these days, and I think reading should be done in it's organic state, a full-fledge, full-page, bounded book. There's the smell for starters. Who can forget cracking open their first bargain store treasure? The musky smell, brought on by years of sitting on a shelf, ignored, hits your nostrils and creates an atmosphere from which you can't escape. Secondly, who can forget getting so caught up in the story line, that one has to close the book and "pause" for a moment, catch their breath. Finally, the moment when you resume reading with a fast-beating heart and sweaty palms, anxious for the nearing end of a book, the end of an experience, the end.
bookcases

Post by bookcases »

I don't like them to a degree. For example, I like them if that is the only form it comes in. Otherwise I prefer something in my hands, the sound of the turning pages, marking it up if need be. I hope hard copy or paper back do not become a thing of the past.

bookcases
shellyb
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Currently Reading: The Midwife - Jennifer Worth
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by shellyb »

I love ebooks for the ease of reading without having to hold the book open. I find it useful to change the print size when my eyes are tired or are struggling in low light. Also, i can take a lot of books on holiday with me easily. The books dont go yellow and musty either. Having said that, I don't get the excitement that I feel when going into a bookshop, and I miss the wonderful smell of a new book. It isnt so easy to flick back in an ebook either if you need to refresh your memory.

All in all I do love my Kindle, and as an added bonus, downloading the free/cheaper books from Amazon has widened out my reading as i will give any book a try if it looks like a reasonable read, just because I'm a cheap skate .. but I know I will always buy paper books because there is something so real and friendly about them.
marksmith5468
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marksmith5468.html

Post by marksmith5468 »

I used to feel that way, but when it comes down to it, it's the content, not the media, that matters. besides I read at night and with a tablet I don't need to keep my wife awake with a light.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”