Book or Nook?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
cynde11
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Book or Nook?

Post by cynde11 »

Both
mississippigirl13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mississippigirl13.html

Post by mississippigirl13 »

I use to think books were better. Now with an e reader I read faster.
ralfy

Post by ralfy »

Definitely books, with e-readers as supplements.
jetcoffee18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jetcoffee18.html

Post by jetcoffee18 »

My boyfriend got me a E-reader and I like it somewhat. Its nice that you have the convenience of having all your books with you in once place and not having to tote around a heavy bag with a few books in it. But on the other hand I love being able to hold a real book in my hands and having the smell of a new or even a used book that I bought. Plus when I am done I try to pass them on to someone else to enjoy. But if I had to choose I would I think I would go with a book because there is just such great qualities to them.
jetcoffee18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jetcoffee18.html

Post by jetcoffee18 »

Books all the way!!!
htddubai

Post by htddubai »

book is always better
annaonweb

Post by annaonweb »

both are good and doing same work to giving knowledge to us .
AlectMaster

Post by AlectMaster »

I've bought Nook simple touch and it is very comfortable to read, though for me it cant replace book.
DaAdorableOne

Post by DaAdorableOne »

I recognize that this isn't a new topic but it caught my interest. I am an avid reader and I love collecting book, not just to read but the having of them makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I hate leaving the house with out something to read, but find magazine and newspapers just aren't my speed, yet a big book (as I often read) is bulky and often a hassle. Which is what drew me to getting an e-reader. I did research for a while, and waited til 2nd gen productscame out before purchasing a Nook tablet.

I am still fairly new to my nook so I don't have an extensive library but thething I love about my nook is that my Barnes & Noble acct has a back up of my books so if my husband borrows my nook to take to work I can still read online or if I lose this nook I don't have to buy a new copy of the book. I am sure other readers will understand what I mean here as I can't be the only one to lose abook or have it never returned after borrowing.
Kate29

Post by Kate29 »

I think the Nook (or Kindle, etc) would definitely have some advantages, however, what has kept me from buying one is that I can buy traditional books (used) for much cheaper than ebooks. With the exception of classics, most of the ebooks I would buy cost not much less than a traditional book. I am frugal, and never buy new books, but always buy used from either thrift stores or online, where even with shipping I can get a book for less than $5. My husband and I recently placed an order for used books online and bought 8 or 9 books for about $20. That can't be done with ebooks.
aloeindica

Post by aloeindica »

off course book not nook .book is easy to read but that is very disgusting.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

aloeindica wrote:off course book not nook .book is easy to read but that is very disgusting.
Surely somewhat OTT :)
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
rekha123

Post by rekha123 »

Nook!
flowerlover1243

Post by flowerlover1243 »

I enjoy both however I tend to reach for a book rather than my kindle since I prefer the experience of reading paper instead of a screen. They both have positives but for me, I would choose books.
cooluser

Post by cooluser »

Obviously book....dnt know y I just cant go thru e-books and all these apps

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”