Book or Nook?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
ganglion
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Book or Nook?

Post by ganglion »

Both are good. For reference type, book, otherwise, nook for novels.
brtn2893
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brtn2893.html

Post by brtn2893 »

I read whatever I can get my hands on whether that is book or ebook. As to an advantage for the nook I would have to say the price. Unless you are getting your books from the library or a cheep used bookstore then the cost of an electronic book is far smaller than that of it's print companion.
ileana0904

Post by ileana0904 »

I got my Nook 2 years ago and I love it! For some reason, I read e-books much faster than I do regular books. For a while after I got my Nook I only read e-books. Recently, I went back to reading regular books and I was so surprised about how much I missed holding a book, turning pages, and the smell of books. Although I continue to read on my Nook, I have realized that nothing compares to reading an actual book. That being said, I think having an e-reader is more practical. For example, my bookshelves cannot hold books anymore, but I have plenty of storage space in my Nook. So, I can keep getting new books that won't take up physical space. Overall, I think any avid reader should invest in an e-reader.
Megan Young
Favorite Author: VC Andrews
Favorite Book: My Sweet Audrina
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan-young.html

Post by Megan Young »

Definitely book
Vorca
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vorca.html

Post by Vorca »

Having owned a couple hundred books in my lifetime, I recently made the switch to an iPad, and therefore nook, kindle and iBooks. I have to say, the sheer convenience of it can't be understated. If nothing else, it has changed the way I approach school, having my text books as well as notes on the same device. I do miss the new book smell though :?
taylorhudson310
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylorhudson310.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by taylorhudson310 »

I prefer a real book but both forms are fine. On the Nook you have the option to have several books with you without taking up actual space.
Jon-Ross
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings and World War Z
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jon-ross.html

Post by Jon-Ross »

I have never used Kindle, Nook etc, but I don't want to use one. I prefer a book. There's nothing more satisfying than the feel of the firm spine, the turn of every crisp page, and the scent of a paperback.
kurmudkin
Favorite Author: Isaac Asminov
Favorite Book: Foundation

Post by kurmudkin »

I agree with the general consensus of this post, while ebooks have their place, there is something wonderful about the feel of reading the written word in it's paper form. Long live print!
booklover101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover101.html

Post by booklover101 »

Personally i like books better than my nook I like being able to touch the cover. the nook (kindle etc.) helps some people read more.
marissa_in
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-in.html

Post by marissa_in »

Book!
GLUELINE
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glueline.html

Post by GLUELINE »

Hi, I have a NOOK and tons of regular books. For me my NOOK is awesome when I find free books, books that only appear as e-books or for storage sake. However sometimes the books aren't proof read very well and they have grammar mistakes or the author will change part of the book and if they do you can't get the old version back, but the worst part is when you're just starting a really interesting part and it dies on you. This has happened to me about 15 times and I've almost cried about it kicking me off. With regular books you don't have to worry about that but it's a lot harder to bring a lot of books with you if you don't have a lot of room. But after everything's said and done it come done to your opinion.
Fooch31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fooch31.html

Post by Fooch31 »

I love books, but i love my nook and kindle so i can read in bed
bobtaylor_ohio
Currently Reading: Portrait of a Lady
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by bobtaylor_ohio »

It depends on the book for me. If I know I am only going to read the book once, I like it better as an ebook but if I know I going to return to the book many times I like it physically on my shelf
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I have a nook and absolutely love it! It is much lighter than carrying a book and you can read it when light is not available (nighttime in a car). Also, I can take my time finding books online and downloading them. When I go to the store, I am rushed by family and if I order an actual book online it takes time to ship. One downside to the nook is the screen can have quite a bit of reflection on the screen when reading in the sunlight. I was reading while riding in the car with my family on a trip and the screen was so reflective that it was hard to ignore.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Witty_Read
Currently Reading: The New Annotated H.P. Lovecraft
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-witty-read.html

Post by Witty_Read »

In all honesty, society today is spending far to long looking at a screen; just look at the amount of people with corrective eye wear now these days! I personally enjoy unwinding and shutting out technology with an old fashioned physical copy book.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”