First tablet - recommendations?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ambient Noise
Favorite Book: Gringo
Currently Reading: Always Coming Home
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambient-noise.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

First tablet - recommendations?

Post by Ambient Noise » 10 Apr 2019, 22:36

Currently I use a laptop read and do other things on the go. It's an old one (10+ years old IIRC) and starting to show its age. I was thinking of getting a new laptop, but considering a tablet now instead. Mostly for the ease of reading and doing reviews when I'm not at home. I'm on a budget, though, so I can't afford anything fancy. Any recommendations for a tablet for a first-time user?

Lhisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhisa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lhisa » 16 Apr 2019, 17:18

I'm in the same boat as you and would love a recommendation as well. Have thought about it for months as I love the idea of being able to do the reviews wherever I am without the chunky laptop which no matter the type, I heavy. Although, another possibility is one of the chrome books. They are more portable and are less expensive than a new laptop. Be warned though, it does not come with a lot of space but you can store everything online now so its still a good option for writers.

Ambient Noise

Post by Ambient Noise » 16 Apr 2019, 18:37

Lhisa wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 17:18
I'm in the same boat as you and would love a recommendation as well. Have thought about it for months as I love the idea of being able to do the reviews wherever I am without the chunky laptop which no matter the type, I heavy. Although, another possibility is one of the chrome books. They are more portable and are less expensive than a new laptop. Be warned though, it does not come with a lot of space but you can store everything online now so its still a good option for writers.
Do the chromebooks have any trouble with USB drives? I have several drives with writing and other things on them, and I like having another copy i can access even if I have no Internet connection.

Lhisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhisa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lhisa » 19 Apr 2019, 19:48

They have no issues with usb drives, most come with at least one and others have two. Always check the description before buying, they will have a description of how many slots they have.

Ambient Noise

Post by Ambient Noise » 01 May 2019, 21:34

All right, good to know. Thanks!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”