Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Post Reply
User avatar
E-princess
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Mar 2019, 04:24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by E-princess » 14 Mar 2019, 02:20

Please what exactly should I update about? The update tab takes asks me to confirm download of the book, or ask for support here. Error tab only defer the submission time. How do I quit the review?

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 35996
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Places in the Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 1896
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 14 Mar 2019, 03:08

E-princess wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 02:20
Please what exactly should I update about? The update tab takes asks me to confirm download of the book, or ask for support here. Error tab only defer the submission time. How do I quit the review?
You should confirm that you downloaded the book, and then choose to quit it via the "can't finish" option.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
E-princess
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Mar 2019, 04:24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by E-princess » 14 Mar 2019, 08:17

OK. Thanks a bunch

Michael_Cries-a-ton
Posts: 16
Joined: 11 Mar 2019, 12:05
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Michael_Cries-a-ton » 18 Mar 2019, 06:06

This is a really helpful guide. You should add that Calibre also can convert books from one format to another, though caution is needed regarding copyright infringements based on your region.

User avatar
Chirry -Kim
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Aug 2018, 09:13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirry-kim.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chirry -Kim » 23 Mar 2019, 08:37

I got an error accessing my amazon account."account not accessible,"
Kindly avail pdf format

User avatar
SW_Fritz
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Feb 2019, 04:26
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SW_Fritz » 23 Mar 2019, 09:36

1. I believe it's in epub

2.LG Stylus

3. It opened but not the right way

4. I went on here to download it again and followed the file from there

5. When it downloads something always glitches with the formatting- sometimes it's one word on each page, sometimes one sentence or one paragraph at a time. There's been variation but it's never been a full, normal, page.

6. No error message

7. I tried reading from Nook

I would like to drop this book- technically I could read it one word or sentence at a time but I tried doing that and I just find it jarring and annoying

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 35996
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Places in the Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 1896
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 23 Mar 2019, 10:38

Chirry -Kim wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 08:37
I got an error accessing my amazon account."account not accessible,"
Kindly avail pdf format
Once chosen, the format can't be changed. You need to quit the book via your Update tab.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 35996
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Places in the Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 1896
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 23 Mar 2019, 10:39

SW_Fritz wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 09:36
1. I believe it's in epub

2.LG Stylus

3. It opened but not the right way

4. I went on here to download it again and followed the file from there

5. When it downloads something always glitches with the formatting- sometimes it's one word on each page, sometimes one sentence or one paragraph at a time. There's been variation but it's never been a full, normal, page.

6. No error message

7. I tried reading from Nook

I would like to drop this book- technically I could read it one word or sentence at a time but I tried doing that and I just find it jarring and annoying
You should submit an error report about it or quit the book via your Update tab.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Ariel Lynn
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 18:39
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariel-lynn.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Ariel Lynn » Yesterday, 20:04

I selected I would download the book for kindle, however, it is not giving me the option to download the book for free with my kindle unlimited subscription. It also had the option for pdf, but it won't allow me to go back and change my selection. The book is Invisible Me by H. M. Irwing.

Post Reply

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”