"All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Re: "All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential..."

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

This was truly eye-opening for me. The book really does bring out your inner child, I found myself being creative and letting myself enjoy the little things and just be free. And ultimately, that's the sort of effect good art has on you!
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

I believe the quote perfectly encapsulates the state of being a child. Children have no self-doubt and are always prepared to try new things. When they put their minds on anything, they don't give up until they succeed.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

When one is young and just settling out into the world, they have not been under the influence of any social expectations or troubles. This means that they have all the chances in the world to develop their talents and achieve anything they have in mind. They create visions that get shut off over time, but those who have the will to never give up on their dreams can get through and see their childhood fantasies turn into reality.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

I agree. As a child wanted to become a pharmacist but tgat dream was shattered when my mother died when I was 11 years. Even though I completed my high school with a fair grade, I was not such that I could make this dream true. But after I read this book I think I can make this childish dream come true.
owobanji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owobanji.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by owobanji »

I agree, that children want to achieve all that they can think about, they want to explore the whole world, and they are loaded with enough potential that they are looking for ways to express it.
Krista Kirby-Dempsey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2483
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-kirby-dempsey.html
Latest Review: The House of Spark by Luminita Laflash

Post by Krista Kirby-Dempsey »

I 100% agree with this quote. I teach 1st grade and see this in all of my students. They don't consciously realize just how much they can do. It's the world that changes their outlook.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I definitely love that quote and it goes along with other popular expressions that imply that as children age, they lose the magical moments in which they are free to be themselves. I definitely think that as we age, we lose sight of our individual passions and instead are shaped by societal and familial expectations of who we should be and how we should live our lives. I also think that as the years go on, if we listen to our hearts close enough, we realize that the life we are living may not be the life that we want to live and hopefully we are brave enough to revert back to the true version of ourselves that was likely developing when we were young.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Tahiru Jegga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tahiru-jegga.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Tahiru Jegga »

While I agree that children have limitless potential, I don't think they are aware of this. This is where an adult is needed to guide and help them properly channel their potential and talents.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

I agree with that quote. I feel that even adults some times are discouraged from doing things they used to love or they would do confidently because of how other people reacted or responded.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Children are always full of vigour until a nag in the works sets in. Rob explained one of the most negative words "I can't". At some point, a child believes he can do everything until he starts getting that perception of inability. This is where the activities of the intruder fully begin.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

That quote rings very true for me and it made me remember who I used to be when I was a child. I was carefree and willing to try new things, however, as I grew up I became self conscious and a worrier. The environment and experiences really impact and shape who we are especially as children and the maestro in us is molded into something else.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jemimapaul »

Yes, reading the Maestro Monologue helped my rediscover the things I believed I could do when I was a child. I should take up my rightful position as the Maestro. I should not let the the intruder, the unwanted mental houseguest that stopped me from conducting my daily affairs fruitfully, so my life can unfold like the beautiful symphony it’s meant to be.
hana_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-me.html
Latest Review: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization by Dr. Ajay Issar & Alka Issar

Post by hana_me »

I absolutely agree with this part, this actually made me look back on my child me. This is so true, when I was a kid my mom is so proud of me because I have a lot of things I can do creatively. But as I grow old, I can not do any of the things I used to do creatively.
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

Scott wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:49 While reading the book, I highlighted this quote that I really like from page 4:
Rob White wrote:All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential, and they fully intend to express it. However, things happened, and they forget all about it.
Do you agree with this quote? Is it something you also find relatable?

Did you find that reading The Maestro Monologue helped you rediscover your inner child?
I do agree. I remember being about 10 and realizing how smart I was and how much potential I could have in this life. Of course that was with out a full understanding of reality, money, and responsibility. But, that feeling of your whole life before you and the knowledge that you can do anything is something I wish we as adult could package and sell.
The Uklighter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-uklighter.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by The Uklighter »

I agree. I have always admired the way children are so willing to show what they've got. They have no fear. No worries. I realized that I used to be like that. It is just so that that our environment affected us so negatively and dulled our excitement to show what we've got. I cannot wait to bring out that inner child. One day

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”