Success vs Humanity

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Success vs Humanity

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

Success changes people. People who are too keen to achieve success are ready to compromise their values and standards to reach their goals.

The maestro mindset that is shown by Rob White is an incredible mindset to success. But what if activating the maestro can go against humanity? Will being a maestro make one more human, or will it challenge the core values and recognition of one's humanity?
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

Hmmm, I thought about this as I read the book. I believe that is a choice one must make individually. The Maestro Monologue seems to point out a possible way to redirect one's life. What makes us humane or cruel depends on our thoughts and mindset. Some successful people are philanthropists while others are unbearable. When I held political office at one time, I was asked about corruption, and I said it is a choice. Because the book calls out to one's humanity and self-growth, it equality stresses responsibility and accountability. Therefore, yes and no, depending on your conscience and decisions. I have also been told that sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

the idea of success differs between different individuals. for some, it means to develop a stronger sense of humanity. For others, it means to become colder and more calculated in society to rise to the top in social status. I don't think there is really a distinction that can be defined through the two because the idea for each person differs heavily.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I hope the message conveyed in my book is that when we open ourselves to The Maestro, we open ourselves to all that is good and beautiful about ourselves. And when we're in the presence of that, it is absolutely natural to be in service to ourselves and to the entire human family in ways that supports humanity entirely. :) Rob
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

I think The Maestro Monologue will make us more human and also challenge our core value. It is dependent on choice and our mindsets, as it points out all the possibilities. So, the choice is you the reader.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

First, being a maestro means discovering and being the best version of yourself. And one steps of being the best version of yourself is defining your values and what success means to you therefore helping you stay loyal to your core values. So, in reality, being successful shouldn't make you less human. However, we can't deny that people can be success drunk and misbehave.

From above, I believe being a maestro should make.one more human.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Ah yes, Precious, being successful at getting drunk and misbehaving is indeed a success... but ONLY in the eyes of that unwanted nay-saying mental house guest - the Intruder. That "other self" as I point out in my book, will have you do whatever reinforces the idea that you are flawed, which would include getting drunk and misbehaving.

The Maestro, on the other hand, which is the natural you, is ever pointing you to doing things that are truly satisfying to you with good for all concerned. Always with "good for all concerned," for that is the natural way of living. Thank you for sharing :) Rob
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Being successful without compromising your values is a personal decision and any person with a free will can do it. However, I have seen many who were tempted by power and success, compromising their previous believed standards to achieve their goals.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

It depends on how you look at. It may be to compromise, if when we put into action, we will never wake up with regrets and I wish I did not do or say that which I said.
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

It's hard to keep morals and become successful in life. Life is full of choices and we mostly end up making selfish decisions, which is a human character. However, I would have to ascertain what morals are to me since I believe that one is morally upright if his/her actions don't negatively affect other people. The decisions do not necessarily have to be acceptable, just right.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I have found Cyson, that never waking up with regrets is not in the cards for human beings. Part of being a human being is to do stupid things every once in a while, and regret it. Yet, if we learn from it... then the curse becomes a blessing, and we take another step higher to higher living. I hope that message is in my book in a round-about way :) Rob
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I agreed. Success changes people. But what been a maestro means is that you are in charge of yourself. You are able to control your success and don't get drunk with it. You prepare adequately to have it so that when you have it, it is not by chance.

Those that got changed by power, success and affluence are the ones that did not prepare for it.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Ashley Wood 221B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-wood-221b.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Ashley Wood 221B »

Robert Obikanyi wrote: 18 May 2022, 08:12 Success changes people. People who are too keen to achieve success are ready to compromise their values and standards to reach their goals.

The maestro mindset that is shown by Rob White is an incredible mindset to success. But what if activating the maestro can go against humanity? Will being a maestro make one more human, or will it challenge the core values and recognition of one's humanity?
That would depended on the definition of success and who uses that definition for example as a Wiccan my definition would be a becoming a better person than I was the day before my other definition would be learning from my mistakes to me that is being successful. Someone else would say making money is being successful, getting your dream job is being successful, and any number of things that each individual finds successful would be their definition. Great power comes with great responsibility if we achieve our success at others misfortunes than I would say that goes against what it means to be human. One the other hand if we use our success to help ourselves and other than we are meeting the basic core values. The question who do you want to be?
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

I believe that it is possible to have both success and maestro mentality if you tell yourself what you believe in and what you stand for there is no way that you can change
MAHAN BABOORIAN
Favorite Book: The Midnight Library
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahan-baboorian.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MAHAN BABOORIAN »

To me it sounds like finding our true-self. Like anything that has a reflection of ego and negativity is not success and the fake identities have sure coated it. If we find the message of Meastro we can be calm and stop searching from outside and find them inside. As Rumi says all the answers have been put in our intrinsics.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”