Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Re: Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I agreed with what the author said. It is just in tune with the law of attraction. Life is kind. It only depends on how we see it. Can it be that most people that experience bad things are not wishing themselves well? To some extent, I will say yes. However, many factors affect what we experience in life, our thought is number one of them.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Robert Obikanyi wrote: 18 May 2022, 05:39 This author indicates that life is continually watching us and reacting to our thoughts. So, according to my understanding, life should go on as we expect it to -- favourably. But that is not how life works. It has many positive aspects that we enjoy, as well as numerous negative aspects that we do not enjoy or desire.

Can we truly say that life is kind?
I do not believe your life is better wallet or kind. Life is an inanimate and abstract term that we can move into what we want it to be. Life just doesn't happen to people who people dictate what's your life look like.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

That is obviously highly relative, in my opinion. Depending on the angle from which one views it. Yes, especially if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. No, according to some. However, I believe that life has somehow given of itself in a variety of ways. A sensible choice must be made.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

Saying that life is good is oversimplifying, in my opinion. One cannot deny that there are circumstances that occur regardless of what we have done or how our character is, even though I agree that our choices have a significant impact on how we experience life (i.e., if you make excellent choices, you will reap the rewards of your actions). These unpleasant experiences are an inevitable part of life, and overcoming them enhances one's understanding of the human condition.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Though life can occasionally be cruel, I believe that it also humbles us all. For me, life kills those it doesn't break, and it breaks everyone else. However, life's negative aspects force you to recognize its positive ones, which are what make life so beautiful.
Riya Sarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riya-sarkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Riya Sarkar »

ZhanLu wrote: 18 May 2022, 18:31 Is life benevolent? That is a good topic for debate. I don't know if I can agree with the author that 'life is benevolent', because in my perspective, I feel that life is cold. It is neutral. Yes, neutral would be a good word to describe life. It doesn't care if we are experiencing the positive aspects and it sure does not care if we are struggling. Most of the good and bad are born due to our choices. But, sometimes we are helpless to the good and the bad that life dumps at us while it watches coldly from afar. Life is a rollercoaster. But, it definitely is not benevolent, that is for sure.
Yes, totally. Life is neither benevolent nor malevolent.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

That is very much relative, in my opinion. That depends on the angle from which the situation is viewed. Yes, for certain people, especially those who were born privileged. No, not to others. But I believe that life has mysteriously offered itself in a variety of packaging. One must make wise decisions.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”