Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Re: Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I still love calling an MD on my "act" when I am trying to impress someone because I am feeling inferior for some reason. That can still happen. Oh yes... it can happen to me and to all of us. That is why we (human beings) are so driven to "look good" ... to cover up our "supposed flaws." Calling a Marvelous Denial exposes the insanity of the conversation I am having "with myself" when I am thinking "there's something wrong with me." I've spoken with many famous and very successful people who admit that one never entirely gets over feeling like there's something missing inside of them. Hmmm. Being a human being is a very interesting journey.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Even though I wrote the exercises in this book, they don't belong to me. What I mean about that is that I don't own them until I live them, and then I don't have to think about them. I am still taking ownership of the Seven Day Dare. There are still times when I will trip up on one of the days. I don't mean that like a "put down." I mean it like a "pick me up." It reminds me I still have work to do, which is what being a human being is all about - that's the joy :) Rob
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by Abiodunakinola »

I read the book and I have done a few of the exercises. It helps me realize part of my life that needs to be improved.
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

I normally do not appreciate and celebrate myself after a job well done. I thought it was a waste of time and resources. However, engaging in the appreciation and celebration task was a beautiful moment for me. It helped to recognize my efforts better.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

When I wrote the book, I thought about, "What is it that makes an exercise (any exercise), powerful in a person's life?" The secret is that we must do more with the exercise than write our answer. We even have to do more than write the answer and ponder it. We must write the answer, ponder the answer, and then engage in action that brings the answer to our life, right here on planet earth. That's when things begin to happen. Thank you for your answers to this question. I am learning from you. Rob
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I read the book, but I have not done all the excercises in included within. However, some of them, at least, are thought-provoking.
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

I found the exercises thrilling and practical. You know, it is, first of all, a thing of the mind. Those that involve pronouncing loudly certain affirmations were most enjoyable and assuring to me.
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 02 May 2022, 00:44 The exercise I engage in is Chapter 5. The ingredient is 'Appreciating and celebrating' and what I engaged in was hugging myself and treating myself to a coffee. I found this experience refreshing and helpful to me. This is because I am too hard on myself and when I did that, I felt something lifted inside of me. At that moment I realised I need to be appreciating and celebrating myself.
Exactly. That exercise made me see myself as a partner - who I need to pay on the back and celebrate whenever I work out something great.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I did the exercises on the book, which reiterates my stance that the book was engaging. I go back to the book from time to time to redo these exercises. I found them quite beneficial.
EssyJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyj.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by EssyJ »

Rob White wrote: 05 May 2022, 10:18 When I wrote the book, I thought about, "What is it that makes an exercise (any exercise), powerful in a person's life?" The secret is that we must do more with the exercise than write our answer. We even have to do more than write the answer and ponder it. We must write the answer, ponder the answer, and then engage in action that brings the answer to our life, right here on planet earth. That's when things begin to happen. Thank you for your answers to this question. I am learning from you. Rob
This is deep, insightful, and quite vital. It goes back to the basic idea that action is always better than words. Thank you for this.
EssyJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyj.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by EssyJ »

I did some of the exercises while reading the book, but unfortunately forgot about them as soon as I dropped it. That's the problem with self-help books for me, I get motivated but it never lasts. I'm back where I started as soon as I finish reading the book.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

I participated in some of the exercises while reading the book but not all of them. Overall I found them thought-provoking and will only revisit them if need be.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I have done only a few of the excercises. I wasn't actually intrigued to do most of them, but some were thought-provoking.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

It’s amazing how invigorating the exercises were to do and how wonderful I felt afterwards. Despite knowing I won’t be consistent, it’s nice to know that whenever I need a boost or need to do a little spring cleaning in my life I can always go back and do them all over again.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I love your honesty, Kings1999. Indeed, how often have I read a good self-help book, liked what it offered, but then didn't engage in any action that reinforced the lessons? It's when we take 'the tips' to our lives that we notice a difference. That's why I offered so many exercises in this book, hoping readers will take, at least a few of the lessons, to the the streets where they live. Thank you :) Rob

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”