Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Ternia C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ternia-c.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Post by Ternia C »

I find the questions and exercises in the book thought-provoking. My favorite one is the "I AMs" followed by the "To-Be List".
Your To-Be list should consist of “I AMs” that inspire confidence in you so you act with conviction.

1. What current “I AMs,” on my To-Be list support me?
2. What “I AMs” should I add that will have me explore more of life?
3. What “I AMs” should I add that would help me solve the problems I’m stuck with?
4. What “I AMs” should I delete from the list that are hampering me?

As you can see, my "look Inside yourself" have been given a more clearer directions with these exercises.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I love that you caught onto the value of 'appreciating and celebrating' after a job well done, Lydia. Lot's of folks, including me, can skip that one.

If we decide today that we will no longer overlook our successful endeavors, like they're nothing special, then we will find tomorrow that when we set out to do something productive, and we do it, we will appreciate our achievement much more. And that's because we will see how it challenges and strengthens our many hidden talents and qualities.

That 5th step of the Maestro Monologue is not to be underrated :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Wow, Etini... I am glad you have made it a point to ask continually, "Am I over-applying my nervous reaction when I get stuck in a situation?" I wrote that in my book in a spontaneous moment, when the question just, out of nowhere, occurred to me.

We use the mind to heal the mind when we rid the mind of what is worthless to the mind. And over-applying nervous reactions are undoubtedly worthless. They become mental prison-bars that lock us in an agitated state of mind, which the Intruder loves.

I'm feeling like I'm reading my own book for the first time by paying attention to what you folks have paid attention to while reading my book. Thank you :) Rob
Carly Sprout
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

I enjoyed the initial task of writing down my "I AM"s. It was a powerful beginning that set a precedent for chapters to come. The precedent being one of active participation.
Gifty_biblophile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-biblophile.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Gifty_biblophile »

The “appreciation and celebration” task is one I found interesting. After reading the book, I have become less hard on myself thanks to this task. Just yesterday, I treated myself to a nice slice of pizza following my completion of a mini project I set out to achieve last week. Even if I completed it behind schedule, giving myself a pat in the back for completing it in itself felt nice.
Ndagire Hassifah
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Ndagire Hassifah »

Do to my busy schedule and studies, I completely forgot to do some execrise in this book. But now I will definitely try them out to see if they will be helpful.
Ndicka99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndicka99.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson

Post by Ndicka99 »

I did find a lot of the exercises impractical and unfortunately, could not relate to a lot of them. I trust that it benefitted many people though.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Yes! I did a couple of the exercises in the book, and although I no longer do them often, I think they were very effective and life changing.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

Honestly, I never really sat down and "did" the exercises. I read the book and did the exercises on the fly in my head. However, I do notice that even when I quickly did these, they still really helped me out. While I'm certain that I didn't get the best benefits from these exercises, my favorite one would still have to be the can-NOT exercise.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

I practiced self-appreciation and praise, as well as removing negative thoughts from my daily existence. This encounter was very refreshing and beneficial to me. This is because I am too harsh on myself, and as I let go of that, I felt lighter inside. For any accomplishments, I treat and reward myself. I've learned to appreciate myself.

Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

The exercises helped. However, they don't offer instant results. I had to keep practicing them, and with time, I dealt with the can-NOTS
Precious_12
Currently Reading: Final Chance
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-12.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Post by Precious_12 »

Yes. I did some exercises in this book. The exercises in chapter 2 and chapter 5 were the ones I did. I would do the rest now that you have reminded me of it. I need to engage more in many self-talks as I can see they empower one. When you say you believe you can do something, you would find yourself doing it.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

I have found, even thought I wrote this book, that there are always three stoppers that stop me from engaging in the exercises of my book:

1) I must put a reminder in place where I will see it every morning. Why? Because the Intruder (that unwanted mental house guest that thrives on my feeling flawed about myself), will busy me with distractions so I will forget.
2) I must be willing to notice things I do that I prefer not to do, that I would not do if I engaged in the exercises in my book. Simply noticing motivates me.
3) And the third is to get over the thought that there are just three barriers, for the Intruder has a thousand little tricks to trip me up when it comes to engaging in these exercises :)

Hope that helps :) Rob
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

I enjoyed the exercises. I didn't keep up with all, though, but the ones I did made me think deeper than I would naturally think about myself, and it actually helped me discover things that I had not realised before.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

While all the exercises are wonderful, I liked the one in chapter 2 the most. I usually find it hard to keep up with exercises in self-help books but I stuck with this one and I must say I'm seeing positive changes.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”