Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Zubby24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zubby24.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Re: Experience with the exercises in The Maestro Monologue

Post by Zubby24 »

I saw some of the exercises in the book, and planned on doing them. Unfortunately, I didn't do them. Now that you mention it, I'll certainly get on it.
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

Sincerely, I never consciously tried any of the exercises. I unconsciously tried the one that said that you should redefine yourself by making a list of positive "I am". And it helped to boost my self confidence and self- belief.
Mechito Mecherchito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mechito-mecherchito.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mechito Mecherchito »

When I read the exercises, I just said - wow, that's cool! But to be honest, I haven't done any of the exercises personally. But still, I don't think there are useless exercises, I think all of them will help a person to improve himself.
Tessy Bullion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessy-bullion.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Tessy Bullion »

I did the exercises. I am still doing them. I do not think that I will ever stop doing them. Why? Because I think that everyone needs to visit those exercises over and over again throughout the year to be able to achieve the goal that the book has set for us.
Confidence_derah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Confidence_derah »

These exercises seems like a perfect way of strengthening the control in our lives. I've not done them but I plan on doing so.
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acalauejo-o.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

At the beginning I wasn't considering the exercises positively. Later on, they opened so much of hidden wunds that I had no choice but to try and what would happen. And the result was glorious.
The Nabongos Duchess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-nabongos-duchess.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by The Nabongos Duchess »

For me the exercise part made me appreciate the book more especially that part that I should treat myself better , take myself out and even hug myself when I a achieve or fail when no one does it to me.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 02 May 2022, 02:35 I've been doing the exercises too! In my opinion, these exercises need to be done several times. Revisit the journal prompt whenever I have time, contemplate, then rewrite the journal based on current situation. Changing our old self is not easy and it can't happen overnight. It's a continuous process :D
I agree they need to be done several times if one wants to master what they are all about.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I completed many of the exercises. Although it might be challenging to maintain daily fitness routines, especially those from books. To keep up, you must exercise extreme discipline and diligence. I must say that I am aware that these exercises would be incredibly beneficial if someone could consistently do them.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

I frequently practice the task from chapter 2. It has also always made me more aware of the areas in my life where I haven't pursued them with all of my capacity.

I make my decision about how to pursue that specific assignment based on the answer to the exercise's last question. If we are over-applying our reactions when we find ourselves in difficult situations, we must truly respond to this question.

In addition, if we are honest with ourselves, we may see that we frequently overreact emotionally to challenges.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

I often take part in the exercises described in the book. The effects astonish me, and the more I do them, the more I feel like I'm becoming a better version of myself.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I work on Chapter 5 for this exercise. I practiced "appreciating and celebrating," and what I did was give myself a hug and buy myself a coffee. This event was energizing and beneficial to me. This is a result of my excessive self-criticism, and when I acknowledged it, something inside of me felt lighter. I suddenly realized I should be enjoying and appreciating myself.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”