What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: What is your favorite quote from this book and why?

Post by Precious Oba »

My favourite quote from the book is:

'Your opportunity has come to take up your rightful position as the Maestro. When you do that, you create an incredible relationship with the most important person in your life: your authentic self.'

It made me believe in myself the more.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

My favourite quote is: It matters not your age, IQ, education, religious affiliation, or political persuasion—you are a consummate possibility. It energies me to always believe in myself.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

My favourite quote from the book is where, in a paraphrasing mode, the author says combining the ultimate understanding with the critical addendum is combining the physical with the spiritual". That quote drove me crazy.
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

My favorite one is a quote mentioned in the book. “The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live”. It reminds us to got through the day with joy and to live in the now.
Maha Ata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maha-ata.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Maha Ata »

There are so many inspirational quotes in the book but the one I relate to the most is 👇
If you plan to be successful in life, “Being to Doing to Having” is the only way to go.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

If I may... another of my favorite quotes in my book is: "Why it's only the movement of my eyes! And here I've been looking for it far and wide. Awakened at last, I find myself not so bad after all." NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL... that really sums it up about the entire human family; that means you and me :) Rob
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

My favorite quote from the book is, "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." This quote reminds one to be determined in choosing where they want their life to head and not allow the intruder to determine this.
ATaiwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ataiwo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ATaiwo »

Mine is:
"The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live” by Norman Cousins

This struck a cord in my heart and made me want to cry. Why? Because I have let so many things die inside me while I live. I plan on reviving them one by one so that my story does not end up as a tragedy.
Tory Munyandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tory-munyandi.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Tory Munyandi »

My favorite quote from the book is "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live."
I love this quote because it is a 100% true for me. I couldn't agree more with Norman Cousins. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest, and you can only do that if you are the Maestro of your own life.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

There are many quotes in this excellent book but the one that appealed to me is that of Norman Cousins, which states that "The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live” by Norman Cousins. This quote is inspirational and relevant to the content of this book.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

“The tragedy of life is not death; rather, it is what we let die inside of us while we live.” This is my favourite quote. With a lot of cases in depression, people tend to give up innate yearnings to pursue worthless admirations of others. They therefore end up destroying themselves. This quote enhances one to have a sense of direction and purpose in life. It also encourages us not to give up in ourselves.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

My favorite quote, as author of this book, is this: "Thank you, all of you onlinebookclub members for being n expression of what it is to be a loving, kindly human being. That's the Maestro expressing through you" Obviously, I just came up with that quote (it's not in the book), but if I was adding something new to my gratitude page (in the book), it would be about the fabulous members of the onlinebookclub :) Rob author: The Maestro Monologue
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I built a library of quotes as I read the book it was hard to get a favorite quote. However, one of my favorite quotes was " No man is free who is not a master of himself." It made me realize the importance of self-realization to attain the height I desire.
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

"Being to Doing to Having" is my favourite quote. It brings the thought that I first have to look deep into myself,do what I love and get what I desire.
seyi Aralepo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seyi-aralepo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by seyi Aralepo »

My favorite quote is, "Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers; powers that would astonish him, that he never dreamed of possessing" by Orison Swett Marden. I find this to be true because you never know what you are capable of until you try.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”