What makes The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
stylesreview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stylesreview.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

What makes The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books?

Post by stylesreview »

At a time when there are countless self-help books, what one thing would you say makes The Maestro Monologue stand out?

I'm curious because a lot of material in the self-help genre tends to overlap. You'll probably find several books talking about the same thing but using different words, approaches, and examples.
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

What makes the Maestro Monologue different from other self help books is that Rob White in writing this pushes you to have a conversation with the biggest factor responsible for your success in life. That is 'You'.

If you read the book religiously towards the Maestro Monologue part you would find 'yourself talking to yourself'. This heightened level of self awareness can set one to push limits.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

To me, what makes it different from other self-help books, is that it is not just a religious book or an inspirational book. What makes it unique is that it is a self-awareness book. You have to know who you are first before you can launch into greatness.
Multibillionaire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-multibillionaire.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Multibillionaire »

Maestro monologue is quite a different self help book since it carries with it practices that go along way in improving ones esteem. I also highly rank the method of continous recitation of Various uplifting phrases.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

After reading the first few chapters, I appreciate the questions the author asks at the end of some of the chapters. Other self-help books I have read asked questions, but I could not relate to them. I can in this book. I found myself wanting to answer these thought-provoking questions. For example, one was question was "If I were free of the beehive of excuses buzzing in my head, what other “I AM” would I enjoy claiming?" The first thing that popped into my head was that I have been contemplating taking a road trip but keep putting it off with numerous excuses of why I should not go.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

I loved the questions one has to answer, to be true to oneself...He guides us step by step into revealing our miss-takes and learning from them.
kcollins14
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcollins14.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kcollins14 »

It goes more into your internal thinking than your habits and such. Like, self-help books are often about being productive or building better habits. Never read many myself, but from the ones I know about, they're more focused on changing actions than actually changing how you think about yourself.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

The story gives a deep insight of your own life as you read. That is what make The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books.
Ayomikun Babalola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomikun-babalola.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ayomikun Babalola »

I love how this book asked questions. This book really helped me build my self awareness and grow from that.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I feel that The Maestro Monologue is focusing on building a greater awareness of oneself as a foundation for change. The author is reminding us that before we can change, we must change how we view ourself.
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by dcruzsammy »

The difference for me is that it delves more on internal factors, and focusing on what's stopping us from doing several things and resolving that, before delving on what we can do to improve ourselves.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

While many self-helf books focus on motivating and uplifting the reader, this book takes a religious angle and draws the reader towards his teachings by speaking to the beliefs of the reader.
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

"The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White is a unique self-help book. It challenges the you(self) and leads you to realization of oneself. It gives you a deeper understanding though simple words. The style will guide you to the end, you can't resist reading.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

Maestro Monologue by Rob White proposes that the only factor that I need in order to excel in life is not outside me: I need myself whole and entire. Another thing that makes it different is the fact that I could relate it to myself and ask myself reasonable questions that has helped to change my perception
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

A unique feature that distinguishes The Maestro Monologue from other self-help books is that it is very practical and easy to relate to. It engages the reader and helps the reader acknowledge his shortcomings and thus, helps the reader to improve on himself.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”