What do you prefer?

For April 2022, we'll be reading Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery books.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

What do you prefer?

Post by gali »

What do you prefer, True Crime, Cozy Mysteries, Thrillers? What do you love about it?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
china_doll
Currently Reading: Feminist Therapist: How Second Wave Feminism Changed Psychotherapy and Me
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by china_doll »

gali wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 04:44 What do you prefer, True Crime, Cozy Mysteries, Thrillers? What do you love about it?
Wow, I really can't choose from the three options you gave, and that's because I love all three of those genres. True crime stories are always so intriguing, reading them makes me reaffirm how dark and evil the human mind can get if left unchecked. I love true crime so much, I listen to podcasts of it.

As for mysteries, ah, who doesn't love a good old mind twister? 😅 That said Dan Brown would always be one of my favourite mystery author.

And thrillers! They keep the heart healthy with all that racy storytelling. Can't help but stay on the edge of your seat until the last page.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

china_doll wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 18:41
gali wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 04:44 What do you prefer, True Crime, Cozy Mysteries, Thrillers? What do you love about it?
Wow, I really can't choose from the three options you gave, and that's because I love all three of those genres. True crime stories are always so intriguing, reading them makes me reaffirm how dark and evil the human mind can get if left unchecked. I love true crime so much, I listen to podcasts of it.

As for mysteries, ah, who doesn't love a good old mind twister? 😅 That said Dan Brown would always be one of my favourite mystery author.

And thrillers! They keep the heart healthy with all that racy storytelling. Can't help but stay on the edge of your seat until the last page.
Well-said! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

china_doll wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 18:41

Absolutely agree with you!!! :D
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

All in one. I love a good thriller, but I always enjoy it better with a sauce of mystery and of course, crime. I've come to really appreciate the psychological genre as well, add in a bit of crime and it has what it takes to become a best seller.
Lindzy Herbrand
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: A Wrinkle in Time
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindzy-herbrand.html
Latest Review: the REMF, Hurry Up and Wait by Ray Dyer
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by Lindzy Herbrand »

Good question! It is hard to choose! As far as reading goes, I prefer the pace of a cozy mystery… often a slow-burn introduction to the characters, plot and setting. I like the puzzle aspect.

I do love true crime podcasts and documentaries as well as thriller movies, but I think cozy mystery wins it for me in terms of reading… at least lately!
Bennete+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennete.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Bennete+ »

Thriller. For the adrenaline.
josephinemmarsh
Currently Reading: Dutch Girl
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by josephinemmarsh »

I love listening to True Crime podcasts (and watching criminal minds) but Thrillers have recently piqued my interest!

Return to “April 2022 Genre Discussion”