Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery Discussion

For April 2022, we'll be reading Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery books.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery Discussion

Post by gali »

For this month, we will be reading Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery books.
  • Mystery: This genre is where the protagonist's spends his/her time solving a crime or a series of crimes. There are usually clues placed strategically within the text as the protagonist and readers try to solve the mystery/crime at hand.

• Thriller: This genre leaves readers at "the edge of their seats." There are feelings of suspense, anticipation, and maybe even anxiety as the reader dives deeper into the story. Plot twists, red herrings, and cliffhangers planted throughout the read is common for this genre.

• Suspense Books in the suspense genre are made up of stories that stimulate pleasurable fascination and excitement, mixed with apprehension, in the reader
Some guiding discussion points
  • What are you reading/have read for this month? Share the title and author of the book you read.
  • What were your impressions?
  • Were there any other genres featured in that book?
  • What are some characteristics that you see in the book that seem unique to the genre?
  • What rating would you give this read?
  • Would you recommend the book you read? Why or why not?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I read, Guilt, by David Taylor Black. I truly enjoyed this book, I was a bit sceptical in the beginning as it's the first time I have read one of his novels but he truly did not disappoint. It's a mix of suspense, crime and action. What I liked about the novel was the fact that the clues were there, but so well hidden that if you don't read with consentration you'll miss it.
My rating will definitely stay 4 out of 4 stars. I can't remember any other book that made me feel so frustrated while reading before and that was totally new to me. I will definitely recommend this book to other readers; although it's a bit confusing in the beginning when you start to read about the main character, it's absolutely worth the read.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Leonie Vermaak wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 22:47 I read, Guilt, by David Taylor Black. I truly enjoyed this book, I was a bit sceptical in the beginning as it's the first time I have read one of his novels but he truly did not disappoint. It's a mix of suspense, crime and action. What I liked about the novel was the fact that the clues were there, but so well hidden that if you don't read with consentration you'll miss it.
My rating will definitely stay 4 out of 4 stars. I can't remember any other book that made me feel so frustrated while reading before and that was totally new to me. I will definitely recommend this book to other readers; although it's a bit confusing in the beginning when you start to read about the main character, it's absolutely worth the read.
Thank you for your recommendation. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “April 2022 Genre Discussion”