Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery book Help

For April 2022, we'll be reading Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery books.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery book Help

Post by gali »

For this month, we will be reading Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery books:
Mystery is about the puzzle. Thriller is the push and pull between the protagonist and the villain. Suspense is about tension and what may happen. It can be present in any genre.
Reading suggestions:

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/my ... r-suspense

What are you looking for this month?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

I recommend Agatha Christie's books. Some of her best books are: Murder on the Orient Express, And Then There Were None, Death on the Nile, to name a few.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

Natasha Preston books are very intense. I just recently read The Lake recently and it was incredibly intense. I wasn't a fan of the ending, but I couldn't put the book down while I was reading it. It was an intriguing mystery. I am looking forward to reading the other books I have bought from Natasha Preston.
Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm just curious, does anyone know if there were ever a book written about Jack the Ripper? I have searched now for a couple of years but can find anything.
gali

Post by gali »

Leonie Vermaak wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 22:04 I'm just curious, does anyone know if there were ever a book written about Jack the Ripper? I have searched now for a couple of years but can find anything.
Patricia Cornwell wrote a couple of books about him: Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed , Ripper: The Secret Life of Walter Sickert. I didn't read them, though.
A retired Admin/Mod

Leonie Vermaak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

gali wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 00:13
Leonie Vermaak wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 22:04 I'm just curious, does anyone know if there were ever a book written about Jack the Ripper? I have searched now for a couple of years but can find anything.
Patricia Cornwell wrote a couple of books about him: Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed , Ripper: The Secret Life of Walter Sickert. I didn't read them, though.
Thanks so much Gali, you a star and just made my day 🎊. Definitely getting them all🤗
Lindzy Herbrand
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: A Wrinkle in Time
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindzy-herbrand.html
Latest Review: the REMF, Hurry Up and Wait by Ray Dyer
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by Lindzy Herbrand »

I am currently reading <I>Refugee on a Pendulum</i>, which was the book of the day a couple days ago. It is a political thriller!

I am a fan of crime mysteries. Karin Slaughter’s Will Trent series is a top favorite of mine.

I would like to read some thrillers or suspense novels soon. Anybody want to do a read along with me? I’m open to suggestions!
gali

Post by gali »

El Brandhaus wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 08:39 I am currently reading <I>Refugee on a Pendulum</i>, which was the book of the day a couple days ago. It is a political thriller!

I am a fan of crime mysteries. Karin Slaughter’s Will Trent series is a top favorite of mine.

I would like to read some thrillers or suspense novels soon. Anybody want to do a read along with me? I’m open to suggestions!
If you like a Buddy Read, you should ask for it here: Organize your own Read-A-Long!. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “April 2022 Genre Discussion”