Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Use this forum to discuss the April 2022 Book of the month, "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

I really enjoyed reading this book because I love that Brandy is a very strong character. Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess pulled me into the story the moment I started reading it. The writing was tremendous and made me love pirates more than I already did. I enjoyed reading about how her uncle took care of her and made sure no harm would come to her. I will admit, I was surprised that they were able to go for such a long time without being found. Dan E. Hendrickson really outdid himself with this book and the events that take place are extraordinary.
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

I loved this book, especially the character-driven plot. I loved the overall setting as well as the fast-paced high-octane action. An entertaining read for me. It did have its flaws, such as stretching the limits of believability in some areas, but a solid story nonetheless.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I adored this book since the author expertly blended romance and adventure together. It was a lovely tale of romance and adventure with superbly crafted characters. I adored how the piracy and adventure stories blended many cultures. It receives a perfect score of four stars out of four from me. There was absolutely nothing to hate about the book, and the author's imagination was top-notch.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess is a historical story on pirates, romance, slavery, and sea captains. I like the author's writing style and the pace at which the story moved. Ballad and John Edwards are my two most loved characters. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

The action in this book moves quickly. The narrative centers on John Edwards, a British Navy officer, and Brandy, a pirate's daughter. Despite being the most unlikely of partners, they work to correct wrongs in the Caribbean and battle to prevent free people from reverting to slavery. I adored this book's entire setting. This is a tale of perseverance, unwavering love, and faith. My favorite character is Brandy because she is strong and I admire how bold and rebellious she is in the face of the adversary. Without a doubt, I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4. The entire time, I was fascinated and highly entertained. A really good book!
Current Review:
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

This work incorporates numerous topics, including slavery, sea pirates, and corruption. I appreciated how the author emphasized the plot with straightforward literary devices. I should point out that the romantic sequences in this novel are consistent with the plot. Given the adventure I had reading it, I would give it a score of 4 out of 4.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

This book demonstrates a high degree of strength. The main focus is on how maritime pirates survive. I like the book because the author's writing style is astounding. I also like that the book describes exciting events, particularly the revelation of Davonte's father. I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I love historical fiction and this is a very different take on it. I think this book is fascinating and really interesting.

Return to “Discuss "Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess" by Dan E. Hendrickson”