Love Triangle or Tease

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Re: Love Triangle or Tease

Post by Sharon Christanto »

In my opinion, it's definitely not fair. I wished Cecilia had picked one of them first, either Alexander or Sebastian. But I think the author did that way to emphasize the romance element of the story
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

Ekezie1998 wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 17:28 I really do think it is quite unfair to string two boys along and the test for this is we definitely wouldn't want this happening to us. Either ways I expected her to sort her feelings out before proceeding with either.
Exactly, quite unfair and I personally wouldn't want that to happen to me. However, in a world where jealousy is nonexistent, it would make sense because the more people one person could make happy, the better. Unfortunately, this is not the reality for many. Is it possible to completely get rid of emotions like jealousy? How important is jealousy in evolution. It seems quite irrelevant.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

Humera955 wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 01:14 I think if Cecilia truly loved Sebastian she wouldn't have kissed someone else but at the same time, her desire to want more is not justified as her demonic side. I think it was her personal choice.
This demonic side that drove her to desire more could be seen as human too. Would we say humans who give in more to their desires and exercise less self-control are demonstrating demonic traits? This ideology gives me a new insight on demons, desires, and the Bible.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

I would have said Cecilia was unfair to Sebastian but I think she was scared her demonic nature would harm him.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Cecilia presents actual situations that do happen in life. Sometimes one just desires for her own gain without considering the other partner making it seem like a fight of emotions. Truth be told she was unfair to both she ought to have made her final decision using one kiss.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

Love is marred with chaos, afterall. So I think she stringing both of them along was just one of her demonic way of keeping her options available.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Valerie Garske wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:09 Was Cecilia being fair to Sebastian? She came on strong and won him over, then she is kissing Alexander. She can't deny that passion and the connection, but where was the passion for Sebastian? Was is fair for her to string both boys along, until she made a choice? Was it her demonic side that created the triangle and loved the attention?

It wasn't fair for her to string those boys.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I think if Cecilia truly loved Sebastian she wouldn't have kissed someone else but at the same time, her desire to want more is not justified as her demonic side. I think it was her personal choice.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”