Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Post by Ethan Howe »

The pace of the novel is perfect and matches with the psychological thriller genre. I liked mostly the author's writing style. I did not like it that the terrorist acts were admitted to a certain religion and this gives this religion a bad picture to those who don't know about it. I rate it 2 out of 4 stars. I don't want to recommend this book to anyone.
George Anorue
Currently Reading: The Sylvan Horn
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by George Anorue »

This story appeals to me because of its enigmatic quality. It was fascinating to read since there was secret information that only the protagonist knew about; the fact that he is the only one who knows if he developed the building's designs keeps you reading until the conclusion, eager to learn the truth. The author's writing style was excellent, and the plot was thrilling and suspenseful. For me, it's a solid 4 out of 4 stars.
Mimmi Rossander
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimmi-rossander.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Mimmi Rossander »

Am I the only one who didn't live this one? I haven't finished it but but I've lost interest. Sure I would like the know why he lost his memory and why he can't see the building and faints, but not enough to make me finish the book.

It is incredibly repetitive. The main character, and most of the other ones, are very unlikeable. This doesn't mean I don't love a antagonist, because I do, I just want there to be something intriguing about. Unfortunately the Freedom Building doesn't peek my interests.

I also don't think its as well written as many say it is. Let me be clear that I don't think its poorly written, nor a bad book, it just don't think its worth the hype. But that's just my opinion and, if you liked it good for you.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I am not necessarily a fan of psychological thrillers but I must confess that I enjoyed this book. I would rate it a 3 out of 4 stars only because the book seemed to have a slow pace in areas that were not necessary
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

The author is gifted, but the plot is unoriginal and full of clichés. I tend to like fast-paced books, and you can see the protagonist's frustration with memory loss. Anyway, I'm afraid I have to disagree with some members who have said that the book is prejudiced against some religions. I would rate it three out of four stars.
Szczepaniak7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-szczepaniak7.html
Latest Review: Kiran by Ellen Steller

Post by Szczepaniak7 »

This has to be four stars for me, it held everything that I love in a psychological thriller. I've seen many people already posting about the one of the more captivating points for me — the writing style meshing perfectly with the secret knowledge aspect. I found it captivating to read, and recommend it to anyone who loves a story driven by hidden plots.
Latest Review: Kiran by Ellen Steller
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

I read this book in two days. I could not put it down, I wanted to know what happened next! It is a well-written psychological thriller. I did not enjoy the ending and want to know what exactly happened? There are a few questions that has been left unanswered. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading thrillers.
Jolaade Idowu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah363.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Jolaade Idowu »

The author wrote excellently well. His style of writing was amazing. It was the best thing I loved about the book. The way and manner the words flowed, describing the world the characters lived in.
The book leaves a question unanswered. It was evident Captain Mann, Pete and Wilkinson knew John was the culprit of such an atrocious act at the end of the book. What would happen to him after? Would he be arrested?
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

I just finished reading this story, id rate it a 3 out of 4 stars or possibly a 4? im not sure but i really enjoyed the story and the pace, fast enough but not too fast that im confused.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall is a good book. It's thrilling, intriguing, and full of twists. The author succeeded on portraying the inner struggles or the conflict of the character within himself. It was a thought-provoking narrative that will make readers get lost.
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

The Freedom Building by Martin Kendell was an overall good read hitting on terrorism, freedom and finding truths within ourselves. A bit slow to start, but worth the wait. This psychological thriller was intriguing, entertaining and full of twists that I didn't expect.

The author still did an amazing job in portraying the inner struggles of the main character, and the plot was deep and thought-provoking.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and highly recommend reading it. It's that kind of book that you can get lost in for hours. And it even makes you think about it after you have finished reading.
Rowan The-First
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rowan The-First »

I rate the novel 3 out of 4 stars. I did not like the terrorism acts in the novel because it is painting a bad image for a certain group of people in our real life. I liked the plot. I recommend it to lovers of thrillers.
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

I enjoyed the book. John Gowan's experiences was twist filled, however, I found the write up interesting. I recommend it to lovers of this genre because they will find it readable.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

Overall, I very much enjoyed reading The Freedom Building. I was on John's side throughout the story. Initially, I felt horrible that his dream of creating a building of that magnitude finally came true, and then he couldn't remember any of it. But then I started to wonder if maybe he only had the initial sketch when he had his first accident and then was unable to continue due to a brain injury and Peter had to take over. But then I went back to him being the designer because, in the end, he knew where to place certain "items" in the building to create his final "masterpiece." (Trying to write this without spoilers.)

I would recommend this book to people who like psychological thrillers or just a generally well-written story.
-Amy
Jimmy Irvin
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-irvin.html
Latest Review: Nemesis Horizon Project by Eric Stephen Booth-Driver-Robinson

Post by Jimmy Irvin »

This book I was not too sure about in the beginning because to me, it started out really slow. The one thing I hated about the book was during the opening chapters. When the Zenith building was destroyed, and John went to site of the building collapse. The first thing that occurred to John, was not the fact that people died, but how he could win the bidding war. All he was concerned about was getting to bui!d either a new Zenith building, or another building in it's spot. I guess why it bothered me so much is the fact of how much it mirrored 9/11. I had two love ones that perished in the Twin Towers, and just the thought that someone could have had those same thoughts about the Twin Towers sickens me. After I had those thoughts, there was no way I could finish reading this book.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”