Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Florence24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Florence24 »

In my opinion, I do think everyone should read the book sooner than they've done, but for the purpose of information only. Some information are important, like on diet and staying healthy, but others better be left to the medics, for example, emergencies like heart attack. I wouldn't want to act hero in something I only have very little info about... The best thing would be to call an ambulance, and let the doctors handle the situation. It also helps going for regular medical checkups, and attending to the slightest symptom before it becomes serious.
So, yes. I should have read this book earlier.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Christine Joy G 1 wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 22:37 Yes, of course! This book is very informative and will be helpful in so many ways, like when I injured myself before and I didn't know what to do, If I've red it I wouldn't panick much because I have the basic knowledge on how to help myself.
This is so true. Sometimes I also panic because after I get injured, I am at a loss on how to help myself espescially if the injury is quite big. Truly this book is needed by most of us.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Tarie07 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 01:54 I really wish I had read this book earlier. I'm currently suffering from health problems related to eating too much junk food. If had read this book earlier I would have taken better care of my health. I would have eaten healthy diets like I do now and exercised more.
Well, its a good thing that at least your eating habits have changed. I guess we could say thanks to the author of this book! :D I would also advice you to stick to this healthy habits because health problems are very critical. Congratulations though for changing your habits for the better. :)
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

I can't think of a situation off the top of my head, but the information in this book is indeed priceless. It's a must-know for everyone.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

I have never been in a turbulent situation in need of medical knowledge but It's always good to have some know-how because one can never know what the future holds. I didn't wish I had read it earlier but I am glad I've read and learned a few things.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I do wish that I had read it earlier. It seems to contain a good amount of information that is handy to have. I like to be prepared as much as possible and this book could definitely be helpful in the future.
Oluoma C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-c.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Oluoma C »

Yeah, I wished I came across this book before now, would have helped me in developing good eating habits.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regentisbetter.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by regentisbetter »

John Owen wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 22:54
regentisbetter wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 18:34 I had an incident where a friend of mine was choking and I didn’t know what to do or how to perform the very simple Heinrich maneuver and as such hue could have died if my teacher did not immediately leap to the rescue and saved his life. This is an impact i felt would have been greatly appreciated before.
I also was in a familiar situation, my niece once chocked on the food she was eating, but luckily the mother knew what to. I'm not sure what would have happened if I was alone but I don't think it would have been pleasant.
This is my point exactly, you can never anticipate the dangers or hazards that one can come into contact with, and that's the reason this book is so important. I definitely wish I had read this book before and now that I've come across it, I'm keeping it at close hand at all times to prevent any unwanted accidents.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:

Post by regentisbetter »

aaurba wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 01:51
regentisbetter wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 18:34 I had an incident where a friend of mine was choking and I didn’t know what to do or how to perform the very simple Heinrich maneuver and as such hue could have died if my teacher did not immediately leap to the rescue and saved his life. This is an impact i felt would have been greatly appreciated before.
Hey, I'm glad to know that your friend turned out okay. I hope that you now know how to perform a Heimlich maneuver. I also suggest, if you haven't, to check out YouTube videos about the maneuver as a supplementary resource.
Thank you! I have gone to youtube to check out the proper way of administrating a Heimlich manoeuvre and i'm confident in my first aid skills!
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:

Post by regentisbetter »

Tarie07 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 01:54 I really wish I had read this book earlier. I'm currently suffering from health problems related to eating too much junk food. If had read this book earlier I would have taken better care of my health. I would have eaten healthy diets like I do now and exercised more.
Health is wealth. Something my mom always said but I disregarded until I read this book and realised just how important it truly is. Since reading this book, I've changed my diet and engaged in a proper exercise regimen to prevent any awful health scares.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:

Post by regentisbetter »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 09:22 The contents of this book are impressive to say the least. Although I can’t think of a situation off the top of my head that I’d need this, I know for sure that it will be my new “go to” resource. The information is useful for professional as well as non professionals .
Same here! I carry the soft copy around with me on my phone in the unlikely case that something should happen and I need to take charge of the situation.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I cannot specifically think of any incident that fits into this category, but I am happy to see all of the responses from posters who are taking their health more seriously. If the pandemic taught us anything, it is that good health is not always guaranteed and that where you lives affects your life expectancy more than any other factors. I also think that the author was thinking about this when he wrote it so that people would not become overwhelmed with all of the medical jargon.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

I haven't seen anybody experience a heart attack in my presence. However, I've seen it happen in a video. The information about that in this book seems practical and helpful. About eating healthier foods though, I was particularly pleased with the information in this book concerning that. I have to improve my diet for sure.
Doom-123
Currently Reading: In the Time of the Feathered Serpent
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Doom-123 »

:| Yeah,I have read it and one thing I like about it is an eye opener since it continue both open and hidden lessons that can alter any reader anywhere
Gloria Jane
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-edmund.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Gloria Jane »

Yes, I wish I had read this medical handbook before. While I do not have a specific story to share, the knowledge I gained would have been useful in helping me judge whether something was just a minor injury or if it requires urgent medical attention.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”