Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bible in a Nutshell" by Dele Babalola.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Bible is perhaps the most popular book on Earth. The original version was written ages ago. However, it has become the most widely translated book in existence. Still, it comes as no surprise that understanding its metaphors, parables, and prophecies can be challenging for many.

Dele Babalola found his spiritual calling thirty years ago when a sick woman urged him to read Galatians: 5 from the Bible. He immediately turned his life over to Christ and has sought to evangelize others ever since. His book, The Bible In A Nutshell, is a simple summary of the Bible’s events together with Babalola’s own theoretical concepts. He discusses theories of creation, the Bible’s history, sin, the final days, and the second return of Jesus Christ.

What I appreciate most about this book is that the author links several foretold events in the Bible to recent occurrences. This gives the book a modern spin which makes it very relatable to readers. He compares the approaching nuclear terrorism among the US, North Korea, and the Middle East to similar instances of widespread sin and destruction that appears in the Bible. I find this to be very intriguing. Before now, I didn’t realize how relevant the Bible’s teachings are in today’s world.

I also like the interactive aspect of the book. After encouraging readers to become Christians before Armageddon occurs, Babalola provides readers with a powerful prayer and a list of goals. These are meant to serve as a guide to new Christians. Some of these include having a family altar and joining a church. He also advises them to leave if their church does not support biblical teachings. I like that he includes this point because it shows that he is aware of the infiltrating power of false Christian teachings.

In addition to the religious summaries, I enjoyed reading about the Bible’s history. Babalola explains how divine protection enabled this popular book to be printed and distributed worldwide. Additionally, reading about Christ’s life on Earth and Satan’s past are equally fascinating. Since The Bible In A Nutshell is a controversial religious book, I really appreciate the inclusion of references. Due to this, readers can research certain points if they want to grasp a better understanding of Babalola’s theories.

The only thing I dislike about the book is that it urges readers to become Christians. The author compares the impending ‘end of the world as we know it’ to a ticking time bomb. To him, becoming a Christian is of utmost importance. He almost seems to force the reader to make this life-changing decision and subtly warns them with the biblical repercussions if they won’t. Although I’m already a Christian, reading this part evoked an uncomfortable sensation.

Initially, Babalola encouraged both Christians and non-believers to read his book, but I would recommend it to adult Christian readers and persons who want to learn more about Christianity. This book will definitely appeal to religious leaders like pastors, priests, and reverends. However, agnostics, atheists, and people who aren’t Christians may not enjoy reading it.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It presents intriguing correlations between biblical teachings and current affairs, it provides suggestions for new Christians, and it narrates fascinating summaries of the Bible and its main characters. While reading, I spotted several errors including glaring formatting issues like font size inconsistencies and the overlay of paragraphs onto page numbers. I deducted a star for this as well as for the uncomfortable responsibility the book seems to place on readers should they not choose to follow Christ.

The Bible in a Nutshell
View: on Bookshelves

Like KristyKhem's review? Post a comment saying so!
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Shilpa Paul »

Thanks for the review. I am not a very religious person so will pass reading this book.
Tyrell Dabreau
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tyrell Dabreau »

its a great and thoughtful book however i don't like that it urges readers to become Christians.however i would recommend this book to anyone and everyone job well done.
gogumahikari
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gogumahikari »

Great summary of the book in your review! I liked that you included both the good and bad points about the book. I don't like it if a book tries to force its agenda on me and the fact that it has glaring formatting errors means that I will definitely give this book a miss.
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

I am always interested to read books about the Bible that has either controversy or can relate it to things that have happened or are happening. I try to keep an open mind and see what others oppionions are. I’m looking forward to readin this book.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I'm a Christian but it's a pet peeve of mine when people in my religion are so insistent to tell other people to become like us. For me, it's not about what religion you are, it's always has been abkut your faith and relationship with God. I'm glad that you saw that flaw in the book about converting readers into Christians. It doesn't always paint a good picture when one shoves the religion into someone else. Glad that you find the relation between what's happening today and in the bible interesting. I hope the book didn't scare anyone when the author pertained to Armageddon. Thanks for this unbiased review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Great 'Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola'! It is an organised and clear expression of thoughts about the book. It prompts me to read the book! The mentioning of the larger issue in the review of following Jesus Christ is spellbinding! The reviewer plays her promised role of writing the review!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

As a Christian believer, to say that i’m happy is an understatement. I believe it’s more fitting to say that I rejoice in knowing about this book♥️and I congratulate the author not only on the #BOTD but more so in fulfilling the great commission, that is to go into the world and preach the good news to all creation, Mark 16:15 NIV. Congratulations too for a job well done, great review you got here! God bless you more!
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola is a #NonFiction book about the author's concepts on theories of creation, the Bible’s history, sin, the final days, and the second return of Jesus Christ. It is a simple summary of the Bible’s events together with Babalola’s own theoretical concepts.

I will bypass reading this book because I am sure I will object to the author's concepts which I find worth objecting. I will not enjoy reading this book. Forcing people to be a Christian is a NO for me.

Sorry to hear about the errors in grammar and layout.

Thanks for the honest review.

#Christian #Religion #Bible #Guide #FreeBook
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

The bible can be a source of inspiration to lots of people. As it was written that in the last days there would be lots of destruction as shown by Dele when he compares the current happenings to what is written in the bible. Good review.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I am a Christian so it intrigues me to see if I get uncomfortable reading this book because of the constant reminder of becoming a Christian to avoid the consequences. Congratulations on BOTD.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I think it will be a good book for Christian readers. I like the fact that it presents intriguing relation between biblical teachings and current affairs. I am not in this book so will pass it on. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I won't read anything that discusses the end of days or how best to prepare one's soul for it. There's enough anxiety and fear in the world without adding a component that no one can predict or adequately prepare for. Although Christian myself, I don't care for evangelism and don't prefer to read interpretations of the Bible. That side, I think your review was very nice.
Cheshire_wolf
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Favorite Book: Allison's Adventures in Underland
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire-wolf.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00TXSSXJ0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by Cheshire_wolf »

KristyKhem wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 08:36
The only thing I dislike about the book is that it urges readers to become Christians. The author compares the impending ‘end of the world as we know it’ to a ticking time bomb. To him, becoming a Christian is of utmost importance. He almost seems to force the reader to make this life-changing decision and subtly warns them with the biblical repercussions if they won’t. Although I’m already a Christian, reading this part evoked an uncomfortable sensation.
I deducted a star for this as well as for the uncomfortable responsibility the book seems to place on readers should they not choose to follow Christ.
Thank you for being honest here. I'm glad someone said it, I commend you. I was wanting to see if reading another review would re-change my mind about reading the book, however, after reading your review that this book can't be given a shot after all. I don't want to be preached at. Thank you for your honesty.
🌺𝔄𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔫 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔯🌺
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola is really a very helpful book. If someone can't understand the Bible's phrases he/she can read the novel. I really appreciate the work.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”