Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Re: Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola

Post by Mercelle »

The author narrates his spiritual journey and urges readers to convert to Christianity. His presentation might seem a little forceful, but he justifies his stand and reveals that there are consequences for not following Christ.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I've already read the bible but I won't hesitate to read this book..i could have Missed some details. Thanks for this
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

He also advises them to leave if their church does not support biblical teachings. I like that he includes this point because it shows that he is aware of the infiltrating power of false Christian teachings
I am baptized in the Orthodox religion and because of these false priests, to feel the church as the Lord's House is more difficult; particularly when the church turned into a commercial enterprise. It is possible that God is also a businessman? Over time, after considering other religions, I have discovered several similarities. Christianity, Islam, Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Adventists, most of the religions have a thing in common: they believe in something, in someone. As we are all unique, perhaps the one we address God enters into our lives in different forms, under different names, for everyone's well-being. I imagine this divine form as only one out there, no matter what His name is, but with a whole aid department.

The only thing I dislike about the book is that it urges readers to become Christians.
Indeed, inducing a pressure that you Must convert to Christianity is by far, the best way to help people. I also dislike Babalola's aggressive method, but I have the feeling that once you achieve a higher level of spirituality, you start seeing the world, the universe, and humanity from a different angle. Maybe after his revelation, he felt an enormous responsibility to illuminate people on this path and with this duty on his shoulders thrown a strong impulse on the readers. One thing is evident: people won't react positively when they're forced; perhaps with patience and gentleness, they could be guided.

Thank you for an insightful review! I'll take a look on Babalola's point of view.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine »

Thanks for that concise review, the bible is a book familiar with everyone and this book is quite a helpful one.
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciate the author's references to churches being infiltrated with false teachings. Hopefully, this book can educate people about what the Bible really teaches so they can detect a false teaching when they hear one. I enjoyed your analysis of this book.
Christal Merkey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christal-merkey.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Christal Merkey »

Thank you for writing this review. I was baptized in a Disciples of Christ Church and do not go to church much like I used to. I do not like it when people say that if you don't convert to X religion, you'll go to Hell, and Christianity has to be one of the most abused religions there are. I do like religious books and plan on reading this one, but I just don't like the forceful way of doing things when it comes to religion.
kaymontacell
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaymontacell.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by kaymontacell »

Thanks for the review! I thought you weaved in the summary, your praise, and your criticism well within each other. I'll probably give this book a pass, as I'm not particularly religious (I also sort of fear by the tone that the author and I will have come choice disagreements).
"No way but forward!"
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

This book is truly intriguing and I'm glad I got this for free however, it irks me whenever other people encourage others to be in a particular religion, that their religion is the "realest", "purest", the "answer", the "salvation".
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

I feel you on this one. One, Christianity is strictly on free will basis. Two, a whole of false prophets (preachers) have infiltrated Christianity. Otherwise, nice review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm interested in what the author has to say about the Bible and current events. It seems that the author has a lot of insight and wisdom to offer. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kristy Khem
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

InStoree wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 04:46
He also advises them to leave if their church does not support biblical teachings. I like that he includes this point because it shows that he is aware of the infiltrating power of false Christian teachings
I am baptized in the Orthodox religion and because of these false priests, to feel the church as the Lord's House is more difficult; particularly when the church turned into a commercial enterprise. It is possible that God is also a businessman? Over time, after considering other religions, I have discovered several similarities. Christianity, Islam, Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Adventists, most of the religions have a thing in common: they believe in something, in someone. As we are all unique, perhaps the one we address God enters into our lives in different forms, under different names, for everyone's well-being. I imagine this divine form as only one out there, no matter what His name is, but with a whole aid department.

The only thing I dislike about the book is that it urges readers to become Christians.
Indeed, inducing a pressure that you Must convert to Christianity is by far, the best way to help people. I also dislike Babalola's aggressive method, but I have the feeling that once you achieve a higher level of spirituality, you start seeing the world, the universe, and humanity from a different angle. Maybe after his revelation, he felt an enormous responsibility to illuminate people on this path and with this duty on his shoulders thrown a strong impulse on the readers. One thing is evident: people won't react positively when they're forced; perhaps with patience and gentleness, they could be guided.

Thank you for an insightful review! I'll take a look on Babalola's point of view.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these two points! I agree with both of your opinions. I'm glad you are willing to give the book a chance.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”