Official Review: Motivational Spirit : How to Keep Yours ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Motivational Spirit : How to Keep Yours ...

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

inaramid wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 21:23 I'm liking how the author applied psychology and other relevant sciences to his circumstances and how exercises and activities are included. Most self-help books I've come across are very personal and sort of vague. This seems worth a try! Thanks for the introduction to Mr. Kirby's work.
"Vague" is one of the last words I would ever apply to this book, for sure. The author definitely set out to cultivate a useful resource.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Chrystal Oaks wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 23:29 What an awesome informative and motivational review! The statement, "Trial and correction, not trial and error," seems much more relatable than "learn from your mistakes"; feels like you can develop a strategy to do and think differently. I have added this book to my want to read list.

:dance:
I am so pleased that you enjoyed my review, and I believe this book will not disappoint. Thanks!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

No one can create guidelines on behalf of someone else for the creation of effective goals. That being said, the author seems to have rightfully pointed out that the methodology for recognizing issues such as discouragement can be "transferable."

Great review!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
PGreen
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pgreen.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by PGreen »

I was always the girl picked 2nd to last on teams in P.E. in school, but now I am starting to hike/climb mountains. This truly draws from something deep inside when you feel like you can't keep going, so this book sounds interesting in helping me become motivated to train harder. It sounds as if it will be helpful in many aspects of life. Thanks for the thorough review!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Kirby sounds like he has authentically explored multiple aspects of motivation in depth. I wish more of these principles had come to the fore when I was an athlete in the 70s. Then it was just "no pain no gain." Not a particularly motivating theme. Thanks for a really engaging review!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Samy Lax wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 23:04 No one can create guidelines on behalf of someone else for the creation of effective goals. That being said, the author seems to have rightfully pointed out that the methodology for recognizing issues such as discouragement can be "transferable."

Great review!
Thank you for reading and commenting!
Samantha Simoneau

Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Eva Darrington wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 00:38 Kirby sounds like he has authentically explored multiple aspects of motivation in depth. I wish more of these principles had come to the fore when I was an athlete in the 70s. Then it was just "no pain no gain." Not a particularly motivating theme. Thanks for a really engaging review!
Kirby deftly exhausts his subject without exhausting his reader. Thank you for reading and commenting!
Samantha Simoneau

Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

PGreen wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 10:21 I was always the girl picked 2nd to last on teams in P.E. in school, but now I am starting to hike/climb mountains. This truly draws from something deep inside when you feel like you can't keep going, so this book sounds interesting in helping me become motivated to train harder. It sounds as if it will be helpful in many aspects of life. Thanks for the thorough review!
Good for you! I think this book is useful to all humans, but especially athletes. Thank you for reading and commenting!
Samantha Simoneau

Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am no athlete myself, but hey, aren't we all running the race (paraphrased from St. Paul)? I also just reviewed a book with a similar objective: encouragement. We all need that every day. (Funny how we both used the same terms like "treasure trove.")

Thanks for the exhaustive review, Lady Samson!

P. S. The book cover does limit the audience for the book. I wonder if the author can do something about it.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Miriam Molina wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 17:00 I am no athlete myself, but hey, aren't we all running the race (paraphrased from St. Paul)? I also just reviewed a book with a similar objective: encouragement. We all need that every day. (Funny how we both used the same terms like "treasure trove.")

Thanks for the exhaustive review, Lady Samson!

P. S. The book cover does limit the audience for the book. I wonder if the author can do something about it.
I'm interested in checking out your review, and, yes, Paul was right, as usual. Thanks for stopping by!
Samantha Simoneau

gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I'm certainly no athlete, but it seems like one shouldn't judge the book by its cover! I love how the author put together a comprehensive but succinct guide, and it definitely seems like a great resource. Thanks for the amazing review!
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

gen_g wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 11:13 I'm certainly no athlete, but it seems like one shouldn't judge the book by its cover! I love how the author put together a comprehensive but succinct guide, and it definitely seems like a great resource. Thanks for the amazing review!
"Great resource" describes this book perfectly. Thank you for reading and replying!
Samantha Simoneau

LovelyGirl8080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LovelyGirl8080 »

This is a total lesson to bring in my whole lifetime.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”