Official Review: The High Sign by David S. Heeren

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shoaib6
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The High Sign by David S. Heeren

Post by Shoaib6 »

It is interesting to read about how God has used comets in historical events. I am glad to hear that the book is well organized and easy to understand.
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

I really admire your review. You seem to be pretty knowledgable on scripture yourself, and seem to be a deep thinker. I myself am not religious, and so I would have different criticisms and issues with the book, obviously, but it's always interesting to learn about someone else's beliefs, if nothing else. I applaud you for going into the reading with an open mind and carefully considering everything you read. I agree that it seems that the author put in a lot of effort and really thought carefully about what he'd written and worked on. I also think I'd be right there with you doubting the parallels drawn between imagery in the text and comets. . . :lol2:

All in all, this is a very well-written and concise review, and I think it says a lot of positive things about you as a professional and an open-mind.
"I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid."
- Yellowfang Warriors: Rising Storm
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

Good to know that it has summaries at the end of each chapter. Not every non-fiction which is equally difficult to understand has that. Good review. Congrats on BOTD.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

Although this sounds like an interesting story. I am not quite sure that it is something of which I will read. There are so many different views and outlooks on this subject to try to keep up with them all could tire one out.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

This looks like a nice book for Christians and others that read the bible
bigscarythingy
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by bigscarythingy »

This book is not for me. It seems interesting enough, especially with the idea that a comet will signal Christ's return (much like the dragons in Game of Thrones?). Compelling review though.
"Go back to your books, and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place."
Lana Shea
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lana-shea.html
Latest Review: The End-Time Foretellers by Ran Weber

Post by Lana Shea »

This sounds like an intriguing Christan methodology. It certainly would be incredible to be able to predict the Second Coming of Jesus. This book is sure to spark some interesting discussions. Thanks for the review!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a great work done by the author. Thanks for the great review. I am still skeptical about this and I believe it still holds that no one will know the day since the author also describes numerous things that could act as a comet.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting collection of experiences for the author on the second coming of Jesus Christ. For those interested in religion, specifically Christianity, give this a look. Well done.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

The High Sign by David S. Heeren is a book which predict the second coming of Christ and it also gives proof for that. I don't like to read religious books, but this one looks like more logical. I think I would give it a chance. Congo on #botd.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 »

I'm not sure this one is for me even though I like that the author was able to support his claim. Thank you for the review
darbybj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 803

Post by darbybj »

The book, "The High Sign" by David S. Heeren is about the second coming of Christ. Heeren has researched and written 15 chapters in this book where he contradicts the book in the Bible, Matthew, which states noone will know when he is voming but he s rates that a comet will predict the final days. Heeren gives over 50 examples throughout this book where he takes passages from the Bible about things and states that they were comets that were used throughout history by God to make a statement. The author is a Bible scholar but I don't agree with his findings. The book is written without any type of other mistakes that I cold find as far as editing goes. I am sure this book will be enjoyable by some even though not by me so I will give it 21/2*'s.
tkpumpkin
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tkpumpkin.html
Latest Review: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation by Val D. Greenwood

Post by tkpumpkin »

Based on the cover I would have thought sci-fi and picked it out, and been disappointed at the content. I read to take life a little less seriously, so I'm really glad you made this review to clarify!
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Oh, so he made it to Revelations then? I've never quite been able to make sense of that book but if the author has then all the more kudos to him. With that being said, it's very interesting. He doesn't discount the use of science in proving his points but, rather, applies the principles of the laws that govern nature to his findings and that was something I appreciated greatly.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Yunita_Yoe
Favorite Book: Lilac Girls
Currently Reading: The Invisible Realm
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yunita-yoe.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Yunita_Yoe »

Sounds like an interesting, but also intriguing book at the same time. I should say that I might be skeptical, too to read this kind of book. But maybe I’ll give it a try, for the sake of learning about Heeren’s arguments. Thank you for the nice review! :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”