Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by LV2R »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ron and his wife, Patsy, have had a long marriage filled with good and bad times. There was a time where they could not get along well. After a short time of separation, they fell in love with each other again and had a memorable nineteenth anniversary. This was important for what they were going to be facing as a couple in the future.

Ron was a successful businessman, even though he had struggled with a learning disability all his life. Patsy had migraine headaches and started showing symptoms of something very serious. A deadly virus reared its ugly head, and Patsy was hospitalized. The doctors induced a coma, and she was hooked up to a life support machine. She was in a very critical condition for a long time.

Ron very clearly heard a message from God; God would heal Patsy completely. Though Ron believed God would heal Patsy, he still struggled to believe without seeing any evidence. He requested people to pray for Patsy to take part in God’s healing work. Ron did many things to proclaim and prove that he believed Patsy would be healed.

I liked how Ron took a break in the book and shared about the time he and Patsy first met. This helped me to know more about Patsy and made her more personal. I liked the sharing of the many small miracles in the book, and how God was able to work through so many different people, to accomplish a complete healing of Patsy. Another miracle that took place in Ron’s life, was that he wrote this book after having no previous skills to do so. The book was well written, without any noticeable errors.

I was amazed by the personal sacrifice of Linda, who was Patsy’s caretaker, coach, and friend. Patsy’s full healing and recovery were interesting and the best part of the book.

I least liked how the book was very detailed about Patsy’s illness and situation for most of the story. The story seemed to drag in the middle. Telling more stories about Patsy’s life before her illness would have broken up the sadness of her situation. Overall, I enjoyed reading When No One Else Believed and rate it a 4 out of 4 stars. It was a great idea to write a book to let people know that God still does miracles. People who like to read real accounts of modern-day miracles would definitely like this book the best. People who have no interest in healings, miracles, and personal stories would like this book the least.

When No One Else Believed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like LV2R's review? Post a comment saying so!
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

Wow! This sounds so interesting, and it is so nice to know that it has a positive ending. I think books like this are so valuable as often we only hear stories of doom and gloom. Nice job on this review! Sounds like a fantastic book.
Everything happens for a reason...
Ben_Green
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ben_Green »

This is an example of a very interesting as well as an exciting story with a very interesting ending.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

Such an interesting and exciting story-line!
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

LV2R wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 23:54 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo.]

I liked how Ron took a break in the book and shared about the time he and Patsy first met. This helped me to know more about Patsy and made her more personal. I liked the sharing of the many small miracles in the book, and how God was able to work through so many different people, to accomplish a complete healing of Patsy. Another miracle that took place in Ron’s life, was that he wrote this book after having no previous skills to do so. The book was well written, without any noticeable errors.
As a migraine sufferer, my husband is bummed that people don't get to know me for the medical problems. I am not able to do what I used to be able to because I have to be so careful not to trigger a migraine. It makes sense that the author would need to go back in time to help the reader get to know his wife.
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I've read a review on this book before and was so impressed with the author's faith and devotion to his wife. I appreciate your candid review of this uplifting book. Well done!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Cecilia_L wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 15:47 I've read a review on this book before and was so impressed with the author's faith and devotion to his wife. I appreciate your candid review of this uplifting book. Well done!
Thank you for your comment.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I've seen a review for this one before. For many reasons, I just don't think this is the book for me. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I enjoyed reading your review. Very comprehensive. It sounds like this book would be really inspiring for Christians. The book is probably not for me, but I am glad I came across your great review. Thanks.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I loved the in-depth review and I think I would enjoy the book. Even though there will be a fair amount of detail about his wife's illness, it will be worth any sadness to be able to appreciate the miracles they experienced as she was slowly healed. One can hope it helped the author to be able to share such a personal and difficult time in their lives. The inclusion of certain events from their past will help the reader to get to know his wife as a person.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

A book about faith and God's miracles always gets my consideration. I believe there is much I can take away from reading this one. Thank you for the review. :)
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Sounds very inspirational, but not something I can commit to reading right now. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

I liked how Ron who was an atheist turned into a believer when her wife was struggling with her life. The story seems like it has many things to offer. Thank you for a well-written review. Good luck.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
ngoccanh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by ngoccanh »

thanks ,I appreciate your candid review of this uplifting book. Well done!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. I'm a believer, and I think this is one of those books I need to read at this point in time of my life. I'd definitely place this in my Want to Read list.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”