Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by chiefsimplex »

A very interesting review indeed.I'm glad that the reviewer did acknowledge the possibility of some readers not agreeing to some teachings .i'm also happy that ,from the review it appears that the author while seeking to persuade ,did not attempt to be absolute in his approach because such a stance especially around spiritual themes would make the book repulsive to many readers.Thanks for the review.
Olusa Adeboriota
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Olusa Adeboriota »

It enlightend and helpful though to understand the spiritual insight and focus on goals....
Zohaib420
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zohaib420 »

The Unbound soul is impressive
His early life that defined his current path. It starts with his childhood years, which were pretty average by any normal standards, right until he had a strange, mythical experience through a dream in which he met Jesus. This was an encounter that altered the course of Richard’s entire life. In the dream, Jesus told him to “find my bones for they are the core of my teachings,” and ever since that early dream, Richard has been on a quest to fulfill that long-given promise.
patpatlove
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by patpatlove »

I understand very body is not Spiritual, in the bible meditate means the voice of thy thunder from the heaven this what it means when you meditate light of the world. This book have some good point about spiritual meditation, we need to have more knowledge about superpowers of meditation. This make me want to understand more by reading this book.
Enishal1
Currently Reading: American River: Tributaries
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Enishal1 »

The book starts off long winded. However, from chapter one it pulls together to explain how he came to write the book. It's intent and his mission.
Hellofeen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hellofeen.html
Latest Review: Rosemary's Beach House by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Hellofeen »

The book doesn't trigger me. It doesn't seem like a book I would want to read. Nevertheless, everyone has their taste. The reviewer did great!
0017meow
Currently Reading: Magical house for sale
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by 0017meow »

This spiritual thing actually come from inside us. This book showed us how to increase it from various activities.. That's what I think.
Olusa Adeboriota
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Olusa Adeboriota »

Well, according to my view from this book: it introduce spiritual assistance to some height and other amazing part is the fighting techniqe he uses in this book. And am really interesting, so i rate this book 4 of 4.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I enjoyed reading and reviewing this book too. It is clear and well written. Although I don't agree with everything the author writes, I found some great insights to apply to my own life.
evico
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by evico »

Yes good author the experirnce of mind set people in a community the bottle tears inspiration not poistion the intro but sound observation medition as a life experience from author and to the reviewer of this book thanks
56lives
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-56lives.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by 56lives »

So the book might ruffle a few feathers. Yet, there is something for everyone in it. You don’t have to agree with all its points to take the lessons you need to apply to your own life.
I like this comment. Religion should not be a barrier to reading this informative book. Thanks for the great review.
SangeethaNarayan
Currently Reading: The Prophet
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sangeethanarayan.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by SangeethaNarayan »

Definitely worth reading at least once. Ideally, this would make a good book to keep coming back to, as all the concepts can't be clarified at one time. I liked it a lot!!Thank you for this wonderful review!!
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

I appreciate the review,the journeys of the author throughout the world helps make him quite experienced and knowledgeable. Even though I may not agree with all the views but I look forward to reading it.
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

Beliefs about the afterlife,I think are more personal for everyone given your religious background. On the meditation part I am quite drawn to the book.
Browneyes9050
Currently Reading: Will of The Hill
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by Browneyes9050 »

When I read " The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight, I discovered alot about myself. I was able to connect with him.
Here is an example: Richard L. Haight had a learning disability ( reading)...I had a learning disability ( handwriting). This is only one example...He is amazing!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”