Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OskaWrites
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oskawrites.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by OskaWrites »

Really wonderful, detailed review! You've really got me hooked on this book. The combination of religion and spiritualism is always so interesting, and for this to be self-published with only one mistake is truly impressive!
Cheshire_wolf
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Favorite Book: Allison's Adventures in Underland
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire-wolf.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00TXSSXJ0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by Cheshire_wolf »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
NL Hartje wrote: 24 May 2018, 19:35
kislany wrote: 23 May 2018, 02:21 Everyone has their own opinion on what spirituality means to them. For some, it’s straight-up Christian religion. For others, it’s something closer to what some people call New Age; yet for others, like Richard L. Haight, it’s taking the best of every teaching and applying it to oneself.
I love this synopsis you've put together. I agree that we each have our own personally meaningful beliefs and I am glad for them because they make my friends who they are. :romance-grouphug:

I would like to think I'm a bit like Haight though. Just because I was raised staunchly Catholic, and take my children to Catholic mass now (even if it is more for the sense of tradition and community than the teachings), I hope that as an educated woman I can acknowledge the faults in my own faith and embrace the beauties in others; for me, those beauties are found particularly in eastern religions.
Wow, now this is one I should check out indeed! I'm more of a New Age person myself, but seeing here in this wonderful synopsis of a person combining beliefs to make ones own....just pure inspirational. I mean I do a combo of religions myself, but to actually come across a published work of someone who does the same thing is rare. This is definitely going on my to read list. Thank you.
nanglada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanglada.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by nanglada »

I loved how detailed and thorough this review is! Thank you for that.
Even though this book doesn't sound like my cup of tea, the topics it touches seem like such an interesting read. The fact that it's not based on one single religion or belief, but rather mixes them all, allows the reader to think and learn so much, which is great. Who knows? Maybe I'll even read it someday.
marydaurio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marydaurio.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by marydaurio »

Your review is informative, exploring exactly what this book has to offer. That is great information for a potential reader. The fact that the writer Richard L. Haight is humorous and inspirational is a real draw. It is good to know that his dream vision did not harness him to one religion. This sounds like a self-help book I would be interested in. Thank you for the excellent review.
Vadosh619
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vadosh619 »

Yeah!! What a great writting at least we shouldo be conscious in the journey of life, great article.
Martinahcarl
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Martinahcarl »

I enjoy reading this kind of books,that talk about spiritual journey and growth..how to understand the inner self
SangeethaNarayan
Currently Reading: The Prophet
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sangeethanarayan.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by SangeethaNarayan »

Lovely review!! Looks like the author had his leg in a little bit of everything. I'm a believer of reincarnation and consider myself to be on my own spiritual journey . I will definitely have to check this book out. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

I have read only a sample of the book, but I like the fact how the simple truth is brought out. It is true that over the years what God has told us, irrespective of which religion it is, has been lost over translations and interpretations or merely a miscommunication. When what we told someone a few days earlier is often misunderstood, this is something that has been told years ago. Hence, it is a huge possibility that it has been thoroughly miscommunicated over the years and will be even more misconstrued over the years to come and we may never know what it was that God had originally told us. It is a huge possibility that all religions ultimately convey the same thing but we have misconstrued the lessons and have had wars over the past over which is the most supreme religion merely due to the human need to overpower others. A majority of what most religions convey is based on science, which is why I believe that most religions are trying to convey the same message but it has been thoroughly lost over the years and we may never even know the original beliefs of any particular religion.
"Growth is the essence of life."
kelsiemaxwell
Currently Reading: Home to the Harbor
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsiemaxwell.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B016PUQWMI

Post by kelsiemaxwell »

The greatest writings are those that provoke the reader to ponder the text and any response they had to the text. It’s a mark of the character of this book that it caused you to reflect upon what you read. Fantastic review.
“...a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Meritabali
Favorite Book: Roots
Currently Reading: An Echo in the Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meritabali.html
Latest Review: Void by Tayma Tameem

Post by Meritabali »

Nice review. Reading a book borne out of the author's experience can be quite impactful. Much more than teaching, it reconfirms the truth in a similar experience the reader may be going through as well as the need for improvement. I really would like to read this.
Latest Review: Void by Tayma Tameem
Maya_Nyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maya-nyssa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Maya_Nyssa »

This is a great review. This is not a genre I would typically read, but the book certainly seems like it has a lot going on with it. I like that even though you didn't agree with everything the author said, he still gave you a lot to think about.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I don't generally read books concerning religion or spirituality and the author seems to be speaking about both in recounting his journey. I'm certain the book would be inspirational to some, it's just not for me. The review itself is detailed and very well written. Thanks for your insights.
Books are my self-medication. 8)
tiyamalik
Favorite Book: The Invisible Realm
Currently Reading: We are Blood and Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiyamalik.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by tiyamalik »

I like it when authors indulge into who they are and what led them to choose a certain path. You review about the book is really detailed and enlightening too. I will be adding this book to my TBR pile.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Rayasaurus »

Thank you for such a detailed review! I love reading self-help books, so this book seems like it would be a good one for me to read!
Ms_Bookworm
Currently Reading: Chrome Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-bookworm.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Ms_Bookworm »

This is not usually a book that I would read but I appreciate your review of this unique material. I am intrigued to see how the author seemingly combines aspects of various spiritual ideas/religions into something palatable for everyone to incorporate into their own lives. Thanks for the thought-provoking review.
"I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks." - Scout Finch

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”