Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Res Alexis
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Res Alexis »

The way you wrote demonstrated that you were touched by the story. One who gives views about spirituality based on experiences witnessed in their lives is one I love listening to as there is realism in the facts presented. I also love such stories since it goes to show that every soul has a path way to God if there is true sincerity in an individual's salutations.
Elsereen
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsereen.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Elsereen »

The review it self sounds so captivating, what more of the book? felt like am consuming the whole book, and I will like to read the book to gasp the bigger picture of the meditation techniques, and the inspirational tough in the book
ChydeanmahE95
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chydeanmahe95.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by ChydeanmahE95 »

I am intrigued at how the writer combines Christianity, meditation techniques, health, and Japanese culture in one book. I do hope it is as interesting as it sounds. I identify as a christian but I also love practicing other beliefs and traditions.
The faintest pen is sharper than the mightiest sword.
audreyspency

Post by audreyspency »

Things that make you go hmm... I'm interested to see what's in the book that is worth a ponder. I like reading about others' spiritual insights and viewpoints. Doesn't mean I have to agree with them, it just interests me how people think. Each to their own, I'd say.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

I want to read this book based on the title and cover. After reading your review, I definitely want to read The Unbound Soul. Haight sharing his dream from Jesus surprised me. I say this because my mom had an experience with Jesus when she 21 years old; no one believed her except me. I plan on reading this book next. Thank you for the thorough review.

:techie-reference:
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Timidio
Currently Reading:

Post by Timidio »

To me I find the book zealous and inspiring to a free thinker like me it helps a lot and transform my motion of mind .
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

This book sounds like a super neat read! It is definitely something I'd normally read, so I'll be checking it out.
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
KSaxer
Currently Reading: 24 Hours That Changed The World
Bookshelf Size: 615
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksaxer.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by KSaxer »

The review has made me curious enough to want to read this book. I would like to see what the author has to say about spirituality and compare it to my own belief.
Breehayes
Currently Reading: Just A Friend
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Breehayes »

This is a very nice review with a good recommendation
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

Thank you for the helpful review. I am usually not much of self-help book person, however it sounds like this is an excellent one and maybe worth reading. I think that having an introduction to the author will help me appreciate that book more since it sets up a personal narrative right from the start instead of just advice.
Xoh-jay

Post by Xoh-jay »

I really love it particularly the spiritual aspects of it, I will encourage other that May like to read the book
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

I've never read a self help book before, and I don't intend to read one, but you have definitely intrigued me. Your review is in-depth, and the effort you have put into researching the author's personal life journey shows how much you enjoyed this read. What I like most about your review is how you've been considerate of other people's religions, indicating what might be readily accepted and what won't, but shown the degrees to which it might still be helpful-- such as the diet changes and meditation you have undertaken yourself. You have provided a balanced and honest review, and I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you. :)
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

This is a great review! I appreciate the detail. These kinds of books are often very hit-or-miss for me. I am not immediately grabbed to read it and may find it redundant when taken with some other books I have read, but who am I to begrudge this specific individual telling his story?

I probably will read it because it is going to be the BotM. Thanks for helping me know what to expect!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Dic45ta
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: Surviving Life As An Actor
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dic45ta.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Dic45ta »

Religion has always been an emotional spot in my life which I find difficult to talk about so I genuinely commend the author for visiting that part of his personal space and inspiring lives with it. Thanks for the review, it was very detailed.
imshaima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imshaima.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by imshaima »

It intrigues me to learn about other people's spiritual journey. Even if I don't completely agree on some points but I find it refreshing to learn different perspective on certain topics especially when it comes to beliefs. Not to mention, it is a very sensitive topic. I have had added this book to my 'want to read' list a while ago and would like to read it soon. Thank you for the review.
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
Albert Camus

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”