Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Klets1
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Klets1 »

The book from what I read above is no doubt a great insight of the author's life trying to find and bring his dream to reality as well as guiding the readers to a greater spiritual awareness and awakening. It's a good book from what I have glanced and digested above.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It sounds an interesting book that enables reader to go through the spiritual journey of self fulfilment. However, adding humor to spiritual books lessens and diverts the depth of message.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. The author shares his spiritual awakening. It should help readers find spiritual awareness as well. This book is not for everyone. But for people who like this sort of thing, it can be educational and fun. Thanks for your review.
MrMothball
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrmothball.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by MrMothball »

Insightful review. I like how it's detailed enough to let the readers know exactly what they'd be getting from reading the book but also withelding just the right amount of information to keep us curious. Sounds like a good book to get in touch with one's spiritual side.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

Spiritual enlightenment is something alluring for me and many people like me who are finding their way to the truth about their souls and i hope this book can answer all those questions we need to bring ourselves at peace.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Great job on review, very detailed. It sounds like it can be an interesting, inspirational read. It really does sound like a positive story, I just dont this one os for me. Congrats on BOTD.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Again, thanks kislany for giving us a review of The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight, with sensitivity to what the book is trying to say, insight and honesty about what you think of the contents. I have started to read this book and I agree that it is written well - clearly and effectively, as I always say. The prose is a narrative about Richard's journey to becoming a spiritual researcher, thinker and meditation advocate and teacher. It carries many big ideas as he touches on the milestones in his life. For instance, it talks about the difference between the mind and consciousness. He says the mind, with all its complexity, can hinder us from realizing fundamental truths. He says there is another option: to tune into consciousness in seeking fundamental truths. What are fundamental truths and what are we to liberate ourselves from in realizing and recognizing them?

But wonderfully, his prose is composed of sentences that are uncluttered, focused, straightforward and cohesive. Its power lies in being a pleasurable read, especially when the pages talk about his isolation as a child with a reading difficulty and his successful efforts at overcoming it, his moments of utter loneliness that he became suicidal, his early dreams of Jesus and his early realizations that there is a better way to attain true spirituality and freedom. He also recalls his early foray into karate and the role it had in triggering a momentous life-and-death realization. There is no tone of sanctimoniousness or pomposity in Haight's writing as he talks about his early epiphanies towards his true role and destiny and life. This is the promise and wonderful quality of this self-help, inspirational book. So if you have an open mind, try it.
hansMD
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hansMD »

This book is a good read but especially helpful to those who feel lost, depressed or in a bad place in their life. Maybe you feel like your life's going nowhere or you're looking for answers in the wrong places but guaranteed if you need some inspiration or direction, this book is bound to help you.
Crookston+56723
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crookston+56723 »

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight. Well to begin I am really not a good reader just like he was I have a disability so they call it dysgraphia, so it's pretty hard for me to understand what I read or write but I have been trying to overcome this and have done a pretty good job of it so as soon as I started reading this book to be honest, his life is so much like my I was so amazed. Everything he has felt and mentioned I have gone through I have a real tough time knowing the truth about religion since there are so many. I also lived with a drug dealer and that made me feel so dirty inside and I just wanted to die because I knew it was wrong, so I started doing what he said about meditating and somehow that did help me out I started focusing more on what I wanted and what I had to do but I was so afraid of everything. Until one day I got the nerve to just leave and I know that it was not my will it was God's power that walked me through and made me safe again. this is a really interesting book not only because it hits me real hard because of the feelings I have that are so much like his. I really enjoyed this book and plan to finish it to the end maybe I'll have to reread it twice since like I tell you I sometimes have a hard time but that it will not stop me from learning or reading. I give Me. Haight a thumbs up! Good job.
moni_lu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by moni_lu »

I have always been impressed with people who are able to leave everything behind to venture on quests that helps reprogram their entire life's. For the author to write about his spiritual journey is very inspiring, talking about all the places he went to and the things he learned is amazing . The review leaves nothing out , that makes me wont to go read the book .
charity muthoka
Currently Reading: The Black Market
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by charity muthoka »

This is really a helpful book.I have really enjoyed the book surely I look forward to reading it and having it in my book shelf.Thanks for the review.
binghams04
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by binghams04 »

Thank you for the insightful review. I enjoyed it. I am reading this book now and I intend to do a review for it. It will be my first review on this site. This gives me an idea of what readers want to know about a book and gives me ideas of other angles I can share so that it will give different information that hasn't been shared. I, also, loved that you went beyond to check more into the author and the concepts he mentions in the book. I plan to do that, too.
QueMustReadJA
Favorite Book: Forgiven
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quemustreadja.html
Latest Review: Zeus Defied by Rez Khan

Post by QueMustReadJA »

kislany has posted an informative review on The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight. Sounds like an interesting book on my "want to read" self and Amazon Kindle. I must add, that not everyone can write a book like this and still grad people attention and having them learn from it too.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘
Quegoddessoftheuniverse.business.site
rogerthat
Favorite Book: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rogerthat.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by rogerthat »

This is my kind of book. Thank you for the review, and I appreciate Mr Richard.
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by praisecrown8 »

Thanks for this review.

Return to โ€œNon-Fiction Booksโ€