Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
clancy8
Currently Reading: Toward Happier Choices
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy8.html
Latest Review: A Loaf Of Bread by Rana Bitar

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by clancy8 »

love your point here
" Everyone has their own opinion on what spirituality means to them. For some, it’s straight-up Christian religion. For others, it’s something closer to what some people call New Age" I totally agree with that.
love your review
Great job!!!.
Tester013
Currently Reading: Shot Down
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tester013.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Tester013 »

This book piqued my interest, especially since I'm not that much of a religious individual and most of my experiences aren't as spiritual as described in the review. Where would you draw the line between becoming "spiritual" and being just...crazy?
mrswordnerd
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by mrswordnerd »

Dynamite review. Your summary of the book has definitely helped me (and I am sure others) make the decision to take it or leave it. Your succinct thoroughness is something I would like to try to emulate in my own reviews one day. Excellent work!
jolener23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jolener23.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jolener23 »

I'm amazed with the power this book contains. The author giving exercises for readers to do at home is incredible. A very helpful book and a very helpful review. Thank you!
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

Thank you for such a well thought out review! It sounds like a very unique book, definitely different from anything I’ve read before.
Gurpreet Arora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Gurpreet Arora »

I love that the author gave his life experience on how he found jesus and his life afterwards...for people out there struggling this book will surely help them spiritually.... :techie-studyingbrown:
soumswriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumswriter.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by soumswriter »

The review prompted me to add the book in my bookshelf. I am interested to read the experiences of Richard and see if any of the spiritual/health advice that he provides can be put into action in my life.
kelsiemaxwell
Currently Reading: Home to the Harbor
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsiemaxwell.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B016PUQWMI

Post by kelsiemaxwell »

I like historical fiction, but I’m not sure I would like this novel. Immigration is a inflammatory topic, especially in today’s political climate. Nevertheless great review.
“...a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Jack bean stalk
Currently Reading: The Thundering Herd
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jack bean stalk »

This is a Christian book, cause it tell about God and Richard is doing what God wanted him to it's about his dream he had with God in the dream. Told him to spreads the word.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks a lot for the well written, detailed, balanced and enthralling review. I am happy that while you may not agree with everything inside the pages of this book, there are some concepts that you kept. Indeed, after reading your review, I cannot agree more. Some things are practical while others may not be what I will easily agree with. I would like to read this.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

So the book might ruffle a few feathers. Yet, there is something for everyone in it. You don’t have to agree with all its points to take the lessons you need to apply to your own life.
It's great to know that this well-written, inspirational narrative not only showcases the author’s spiritual journey which guided him thru life, but more so, it also desires to help others achieve it as well. Not imposing anything, this self-help book gives readers the freedom to choose which lessons to take and apply in their own walk thru life.
Thank you for this very detailed, in-depth review! Congratulations to the author on the #BOTM🎉
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Sounds like an inspirational read, thank you for sharing your review! I do like that the author provides a bit of an autobiography in he beginning, that seems like it would allow more of a chance to “know” him.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
saimi_v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saimi-v.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by saimi_v »

The author tells you important techniques for anyone who wanted to get to know themselves and know their potential. A book that can be interesting to read.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

I agree with the book review that each person has a right to his own faith. But may we be careful with the path we take in searching for something we will believe in.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight sounds great but I don't really fancy self-help books. I will recommend it. Great review!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”