Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Re: Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins

Post by Swat3737 »

I spent 18 years in operations management and studied performance psychology. I love these kinds of books that help empower people with realistic strategies to improve themselves.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mabongajoan2019
Currently Reading: Arsenic and Old Men
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Mabongajoan2019 »

From the review,it is a great book which can bring sense of direction to one's life.l love such books.Thanks to the author.
Nayeli2377
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nayeli2377 »

Coached to Greatness by John M. Haskins is a great book to get inspired, the author showed a meaningful meaning into reaching our goals and achieving it. The book does talk about achievement ,but it also shows interesting strategies and coaching methods throughout the book. My opinion on the book is that I thought that the author wrote this book show a good point in achieving goals, but it actually makes you reorganize your daily activities to make time for our goals and still have time to do other things as well.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I wouldn't mind being aware of the various coaching methods and strategies, as at one time I did consider becoming one myself. I absolutely thrive on such books, and this one seems promising.

Great review!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

Most of the self-help books give us an instant burst of motivation. From the review, it seems that this books gives us a more creative approach to gain a lasting change. I would like to know about the concept of symbolism and many others this book offers. Congrats on BOTD!
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Based on the review this book is not something that I would enjoy reading. I generally dislike reading self-help novels. I also don't have much interest in coaching. I will pass on reading this book.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I'm always looking for new ways to improve myself, so I think that this book would be a beneficial read.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins' is the little synopsis of the book for readers. The core ideas of the book have been presented in the review. Going through it, the reader feels the charm of reading!
Kimberly Grow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-grow.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Kimberly Grow »

I will admit that I am torn about this book. While I do enjoy the occasional self-help book, I am not entirely sure what this one is about. The sample was a let down as it only gave the table of contents, but the review speaks of time management and personal growth. I do need some help with both of these issues, so I think I will give it a read and see for myself how much it helps me. Thank you for the review!
"If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it." -Beverly Cleary :techie-studyingbrown:
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins is a #NonFiction #SelfHelp #Guide that gives #Motivation to achieve #Goals and #Success. It provides insight on both tactical and strategic activities. It presents realistic approach to gaining lasting change.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the review.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

A self-help book is meant to bring change and the one that solicit action from readers, like this one, sounds better. I also like the fact that it allows readers to relect, focus, and write down their thoughts daily. A look at the table of contents also indicates that this book has a lot more to offer ther readers. I definitely want to read it. Thank you for such a wonderful review!
AmberLamber
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AmberLamber »

I like the idea of a book that doesn't simply hand you easy answers but makes you really think about your life and then helps you to find ways to work past the problem areas. Motivation is one of the hardest things to come by and having to work for what you want is usually better and makes you appreciate life more than just being handed what you want. Sounds like a good read. Thank you for the review!
Bernilla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Bernilla »

Finding a symbol to remind you of your goals and vision ,this is unimaginable, but I learned this from the review of this book
Bernilla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Bernilla »

An object as a symbol to remind you of your goals and vision,that is imaginable, but I learnt it from the review of this book.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

Thanx indeed for this review and this book. Motivation is key when you want meaningful progress. I feel that most people don't know this. They might know what they want but fill to fuel their minds and bodies with enough willpower to achieve their goals. Congrats.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”