Official Review: The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook" by Allen Neos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The day after your wedding is finally here. You have waited and now it is time for you to have your loved one all to yourself. What are the dos and don’ts? What should you pack and what should you leave behind? What should you know beforehand? What should you expect after the honeymoon? At least one of these questions is bound to be plaguing your mind. Marriage is a whole new chapter in your life that can be perturbing. Still, it does not have to be confusing.

The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook by Allen Neos offers great tips that can guide any couple while they plan to embark on the wonderful journey of marriage beginning with the honeymoon. Allen Neos offers great insight on what each person can do to make their honeymoon and generally, the whole marriage, a great success. He offers that it all starts with understanding and appreciating the difference between a man and a woman.

The book is short, which makes it a great and quick read. Considering the fact that not many honeymooners have the time to read a lengthy book, its size is definitely ideal. The structure was also thoughtfully drafted. The topics are highlighted clearly and the author also distinctly captures the various differences between the way men think and act as compared to women. Allen Neos also starts the book with a brief history of when honeymoons began and in many cases starts each chapter with a comical quote. This provided a great backdrop of the content of the book and each chapter respectively. Each point is bulleted and comprehensively discussed. Still, Allen Neos was careful to include only relevant information so as not to burden the reader with too many details.

The cover of The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook is playful and fascinating and captures the humor so prevalent in the book. From the first page to the last, the author incorporates humor so well in each page which kept be glued. The appendices too were surprisingly interesting with captivating facts to think over which made the book stand out from so many others.

Allen Neos writes in a forthright manner which makes his advice useful. I liked that he did not sugar-coat the institution of marriage like many other authors do. He addressed the simple yet impactful issues that become amplified in marriage. Even though I do not agree with some of his advice, overall, the book was enlightening. I, therefore, rate The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook 4 out of 4 stars. It was engaging, informative and humorous.

The Wild Tiger Honeymoon Handbook
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Steph8693
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Steph8693 »

This sounds like an awesome book that i would like to read, just to see how he compares the way a man thinks to the way women think.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I love the fact that the author's style is both forthright and humorous. As you said, this book could serve as a good guide to young couples. Thank you for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Definitely sounds funny! Quite an atypical book. Too bad I won't personally benefit, way past the honeymoon phase lol. However, I will recommend it to my friends 😊
Gerry_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-9.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Gerry_9 »

Quite interesting I never knew that there were books about honeymoon. I really appreciate humour in discussing serious issues like marriage. It makes the mood lighter.
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

The mere existence of this book makes me smile, I never thought there would be a book like this. I'm glad his voice is comical since my perception of marriage, especially the early days, is full of laughter and is just generally happy. I think it's a good call to keep everything brief - getting too bogged down by details and explanations, in my opinion, kind of ruin the overall mood.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I could not stop laughing when I read the cover and saw the illustration. The tiger popping out with all his teeth and look so elated just represent what a reader can experience through out the book. The humour as mentioned is displayed through the cover itself. If I ever got a chance to read it that would definitely be for the humorous content in the book. Thank you for your detailed!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

With so many people taking a nosedive into marriage with ulterior motives or without proper guidance, this book is quite handy. I like that it is short and paints a realistic picture of marriage so that readers know what to expect.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm way past the honeymoon phase of my marriage, so I don't think this book is for me. Still, I'm sure it'd be interesting for those embarking on their honeymoon. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mildred Stallworth
Favorite Author: Mildred Stallworth
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 98313
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Effective Leaders and Leadership

Post by Mildred Stallworth »

Reading from the sample of this book, it should be a good read. As the reviewer said, the book was short, great and a quick read. It was also engaging, informative and humorous". I'm not married, but I would like to read this book. Thanks for an intriguing review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”