Official Review: You Only Think God Is Silent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Re: Official Review: You Only Think God Is Silent

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 20:54 Really great! I hope that if anyone stumble upon this book that they would find it useful. According to the way this world is going, I don't know where it will end up in but I certainly know that one who is close to god and whomis pious would survive. Thanks for you excessive details!
Thank you for reading and commenting! This book is very helpful at bringing you closer to God.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Rose_13 wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 21:08 This is a really beautiful review, I truly enjoyed reading it.
You Only Think God Is Silent sounds like a really good book and
maybe in the future I'll read it too. I've personally went through something similar with my fiancee.
I can only imagine how much harder it was for her since they were not only married but
had two kids as well.

Wonderful review and glad it helped you as well(:
I’m so sorry for what you went through with your fiancée and I’m glad you’re here reviewing books with me. This book is very emotional, but it’s really wonderful as well. Thank you for commenting.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Readergmp wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 22:34 I just recently joined the OnlineBookClub. Already, after reading you review, I felt compelled to write a post. I think it because of the personal nature of the review. I believe, I would enjoy the book and no doubt probably even shed some tears. But, then experience a sense of hope, grace, and a spiritual uplift, all at the same time.
Welcome to the club, and thank you for commenting. You will definitely shed tears, should you choose to read it. I cried a lot reading this book because of the author’s story, her strong faith, and the lessons that affected me personally. This is definitely a very heartfelt and transformational book.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

MsTri wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 22:47 While I usually love spiritual books, I don't know that I can read this one. I am a little curious of how she overcame, but I don't know that it'd offer me any real assistance in handling tragedy. I lost a 5.5-month-old baby to SIDs in 1993 and still haven't healed from it, even after both reading and watching The Shack, which I thought would help. In fact, I'm fairly certain that that one event is the reason I struggle in feeling really close to God, even today. So I'm 100% certain that if I lost my beloved, I'd go crazy and probably off myself and nothing short of God appearing before me in the flesh would stop me.
I’m so sorry for the loss of your baby and that The Shack didn’t help. I’m not really familiar with how that book/film deals with loss, but from what I know, it’s more fiction and new age than biblically based. This book is the exact opposite of that, it’s real life and the author really knows God. She also understands what it feels like to go through tragedy and every chapter details how she worked through it and helps you do so as well. If you ever feel up to giving it a try, I hope you will.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Great review Momiji1987. We all question at some point why God allows bad things to happen to good people. I have read other books that cover this subject and am interested in seeing how Julie Ann Allen handles it with her life experience. I am glad she has found a way to see God amidst her painful circumstances.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Wow what a strong woman. I couldn't imagine how hard that must have been. That's neat that you can participate in the book while reading it. Great review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Losing a loved one is really quite unthinkable for me. Thus, I could deeply feel what you felt about what the author had to go through.

I am also a believer, too, but mostly due to faith and not necessarily because of the usual, normal pieces of evidence. Yet, that doesn't mean that I don't look forward to or cherish every significant thing, which nourishes such belief. The mere fact that this piece has changed you is revelational in itself.

Thank you for such a heartfelt, touching, and compelling review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”