Official Review: Alien in the Delta by Thankful Strother

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Official Review: Alien in the Delta by Thankful Strother

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

Thank you for your review, you wouldn't know the content of the book and the subject reading the title alone. And from your review it really sounds like an interesting book. Too bad it wasn't properly edited.
Rajanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 231

Post by Rajanis »

The author has shared with us his lifetime experiences and his various escapades and how he overcame obstacles and strived to become successful. Thanks for the review.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

This is a nicely written critical review of the book. I like how you presented a balanced critique itemising things you liked and those you didn't. I would like to read this book and I hope that the author is able to do another round of editing to improve on it. Well done!!
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

What a lovely review! I generally want to escape when I read so memoirs aren't up my alley but this sounds like a great human interest story for those who love seeing the world through another's eyes.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Queenb58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Queenb58 »

This book sounds like it will be a very good read. Sometimes the choices and things we do in life can affect our children and in this story it sounds like the young man had challenges but he persevered. I look forward to reading about his challenges, losses and his wins!
Samuelndungu
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Samuelndungu »

Great book by Thankful Strother. The young boy seemed to have a lot of strife to remember; going through challenges in life but he choose to persevere. Author is a good narrator who organizes both personal and national history chronologically, yeah! The book has a motivational aspect and hence looking foward to read this book.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

The part that amazes most is that of American history. This book is a must for me to read and I will definitely do that. Thanks Strother
Mitchell Starc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitchell-starc.html
Latest Review: Bread Fat by Joseph Eldor

Post by Mitchell Starc »

This is a book which gives readers a glimpse into a particular period of American history and that is the interesting part
Faith Atieno okoth
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-atieno-okoth.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Faith Atieno okoth »

Wonderful review, on my way to adding it in my shelves
Morty[Wallman]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Morty[Wallman] »

It’s akways fascinating to read about the stories of those who overcome adversity and the interesting perspectives it can bring to how we view the history of the US. Good review.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I normally don't read this genre, but this one seems very interesting. It is interesting to read how people dealt with life back then. Thanks for the great review.
Ellen-the-mediocre
Currently Reading: Dracula
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ellen-the-mediocre »

I think this was a great review, especially because as others have said, the title alone doesn't seem to draw the reader in. Thankfully with your review, and having read a bit of the book to sample it, I would be much more likely to finish the book and probably share it with others.
vanessaaag_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by vanessaaag_ »

Books that include swear words are actually books I really enjoy because there is a certain attitude that you can feel from the character/author just by reading it. Swear words may be very harsh, but I really like the idea of a book having a strong attitude, therefore conveying a great message. Definitely something I would enjoy reading.
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

I have no doubt that Thankful has overcome some crazy and terrible circumstances and events through the 60s, but this type of non-fiction is just not my forte or favorite type of reading.
JohnnyDucats
Currently Reading: sakuteiki
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by JohnnyDucats »

This seems like a very relevant topic within our own US culture for today. Hardships of a colored man in the 60s would no doubt be relentless on one's ability to succeed. As we see more and more extreme ideology within our government that attack our own civil rights a book like this could give a much needed perspective.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”