Review of Embracing Solo:Thriving

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Review of Embracing Solo:Thriving

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Embracing Solo:Thriving" by Lazni A.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Embracing Solo: Thriving is a self-help book that emphasizes the importance of loving and caring for oneself when one is single and at the age of 40. The author highlights the significance of self-care at this stage of life and offers advice to those navigating this stage. Many experiences may appear strange at this time, but it is important to remember that once you recognize and accept your self-worth, it will be well worth it in the end.

According to Lazni A., the author of this book, being single at 40 can provide many opportunities to discover or pursue different passions and interests. You will have a lot of free time, which you should use productively. This aspect of the book appeals to me because it encourages readers to try new activities such as sports, art, and travel. The book also states that these activities may not always be without challenges, as a person at this stage of life may face ridicule for being single. In this book, Lazni raises a number of critical points. We are taught that being single at 40 is a valid life choice and that embracing it can be a great source of strength. She also encourages readers to see life's setbacks as learning opportunities, as this will open up new opportunities for growth. This growth is essential in interpersonal relationships because it reveals a wide range of emotions that will strengthen those relationships.

I felt that a lot of things in this book were very similar throughout. This gave the impression that the same message was being delivered under different titles, which bored me. It would have held my attention more if real-life examples based on actual experiences were included; this was largely due to my boredom with simply reading instructions. Finally, I noticed that the messages in the latter parts of the book had little to do with being 40; they were just tidbits that I believe anyone, regardless of age, could use. If that was a deliberate change, it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. It was well-organized and had few errors. For the reasons stated above, I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. This book, I believe, would benefit not only those who are single at 40, but also those who want to live a more fulfilled life in this day and age.

Embracing Solo:Thriving
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”