Review of Absolution

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Review of Absolution

Post by Medina Fedrick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Absolution" by Scott Allen Curley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There's this saying that life will knock you down, but it's how you respond or react to it that matters. This stresses the importance of making the right decisions in life. But sometimes, fate orchestrates what we might feel is the wrong decision to take us to the right place meant for us. That is why, despite all Scott Allen Curley went through, he regretted none of it, because everything that happened needed to happen to bring him to where he is and make him who he is now.

He sits in his office with his head in hand, listening to the United States's five thousand fastest-growing companies count down as he enters into a reverie of all the good and bad things that had to happen to bring him to where he is now. His childhood experiences—not knowing who his biological parents were, being adopted by the Curleys( Lester and Annie Curley), and his self-destructive behavior after college— contributed to making him who he is now. He was adopted into the Curley family, where he learned of Mama Cynt's legendary tale. Everyone yearns to be loved, but growing up, Scott didn't feel loved because of the way his mother Annie always seemed to pick at him, and his father showered him with conditional love only when his ego was fed. His only solace was at his friend Avery's house, whose parents treated him like family, and I can't help but wonder what his life would have been like had Avery's family not moved out sooner. After college, Scott started hanging out with the wrong crowd, which got him in and out of jail. Read this book to find out how Scott was able to start a multi-million-dollar company through all this.

I liked everything about this book and couldn't find a thing that didn't interest me. From his story to the way the narrative was told, everything piqued my interest and kept me glued to the page till the end. Absolution by Scott Allen Curley was narrated with such lucidity that it will draw rapt attention and evade any form of confusion. I learned a lot from reading this memoir. Scott's life has taught me to get up, no matter how many times life knocks me down. His ability to get back up and his resilience in the face of difficulties have inspired me to do the same. There's a saying in this book that I believe he learned during his IPTC program at the Kyle pre-release unit that stuck with me: "We all make mistakes, but none of us is a mistake."

This isn't just a memoir; it's a motivational and inspirational book for anyone who reads it. I was in a trance when I read this book, especially about his grandma, Mama Cynt's legendary tale, whose acts taught people not to mess with her family. Also, I found myself cracking up at some of the stories, like the one with Avery and the big drum and the incident of young Lester almost being harassed, which ended abruptly upon hearing that he was Mama Cynt's son.

I'll gladly rate Absolution by Scott Allen Curley five out of five stars because I found absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. I spotted only two errors throughout the book, which indicates that it was professionally edited. Fans of memoirs and self-help books would greatly enjoy this book. I'll also recommend this book to anyone who feels knocked down by life; Scott's story will encourage you to get back up.

Absolution
View: on Bookshelves
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

This seems to be motivational and family oriented at the same time. This is definitely going to be a helpful one. Thanks for the review.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your wonderful review. Your detailed exposition of the book and its central theme of resilience in the face of adversity was captivating and thought-provoking. I found your reflection on the importance of making the right decisions in life and the role of fate in guiding us to where we need to be truly compelling.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”