Review of The Grand Illusion:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of The Grand Illusion:

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Grand Illusion:" by Laszlo Forseti.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In the American political system, Republicans are commonly associated with conservatism, a political ideology centered on traditional values and societal stability, whereas Democrats are often associated with liberalism, a political ideology rooted in the idea of progress. Democrats typically align with liberal values that advocate for a more active government role in social issues, whereas Republicans tend to support limited government intervention. In the 2008 US presidential election, Barack Hussein Obama was the Democratic Party's nominee and became the country's first African American president following his victory. The book delves into the media's use of propaganda and dark psychology to secure Obama's election to the presidency.

The book The Grand Illusion by Laszlo Forseti offers a political analysis of the true nature of politics in the United States, with a focus on the Democratic Party's secret mandate in 2004. The book argues that the party aimed to change the US Constitution to benefit their presidential nominee in the 2008 election. The party's efforts were focused on weakening the "natural born clause" of the Constitution, which required a presidential candidate to be born to two US citizens. This move was calculated and shrewd, and it distracted the public's attention from the fact that Barack Obama, their nominee, did not meet the naturalization criteria. Despite being a Muslim who was not familiar with the US National Anthem or the Pledge of Allegiance and having a Kenyan father, Obama went on to win the election with the help of propaganda and dark psychology used by the media.

This book is truly remarkable, as it not only entertains readers with its gripping plot but also enriches their knowledge and sparks their curiosity. It offers readers an insightful perspective on American politics, allowing them to form their own conclusions about the events that culminated in the election of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States. The author's meticulous research and ample data in support of his arguments are commendable, and they greatly enhance the book's credibility and reliability. After reading this book, I am motivated to delve deeper into the workings of the US and global political systems. The wealth of knowledge and understanding I have gained from this book is valuable and will undoubtedly stay with me for a long time.

I appreciate the author's effort to shed light on the political strategies employed by the Democratic Party during the 2008 US presidential election. The book offers an interesting perspective on the media's use of propaganda and psychology to influence the public's opinion. It also provides valuable insight into the political motivations behind the party's actions. Overall, the book is well-researched and thought-provoking.

I have to say that I found nothing to dislike about this book. It kept me engaged and intrigued from beginning to end. I would rate this book five out of five stars because of how much it broadened my understanding of the American political system. The editor deserves high praise for an outstanding job, as the book was exceptionally well-edited with no errors detected. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to read such a well-crafted and enlightening book. I would recommend it to anyone interested in political history and strategy.

The Grand Illusion:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

The first paragraph of this review gave a clear understanding of the two political parties. I am not very familiar with the American system therefore this was very insightful. The book aims to expose how the Democrats manipulated the election for Barack Obama to be President of the USA. Isn't it a propaganda in itself to assume that Barack Obama is a Muslim because one of his parent is of African and Muslim descent? Religion is about faith, not race nor descendance. He (Obama) doesn't believe nor practice Islam, why is he a Muslim? The book is written to denounce the manipulations from the Democrats, but it is very biased and brings its own conspiracy theories. Despite feeling that the author leans more toward one party and not the other, I would read this book to learn more about the American political system.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”