Review of The Parrot's Perch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-indiana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Review of The Parrot's Perch

Post by Wayne Indiana »

I recently came across your review of "The Parrot's Perch" by Karen Keilt, and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments about this extraordinary book. As an avid reader, I was captivated by the story, and I believe Jenifer Pauline J would undoubtedly share the same enthusiasm.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

"The Parrot's Perch" takes readers on an unforgettable journey, as Karen Keilt fearlessly opens up about her harrowing experiences of imprisonment and torture in Brazil during the military dictatorship. Her resilience and determination to survive against unimaginable odds are truly inspiring
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

What struck me most was Keilt's ability to transform her painful memories into a beautifully crafted narrative. Her vivid descriptions transported me to the Brazilian landscapes, allowing me to feel the tension, despair, and hope that permeated her every word. Keilt's prose is so powerful that it tugs at your heartstrings, evoking a range of emotions from anger and fear to compassion and ultimately, awe
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

"The Parrot's Perch" delves deep into themes of justice, human rights, and the indomitable spirit of the human soul. Keilt's unwavering commitment to seeking justice for herself and countless others is a testament to her courage and determination. Her story serves as a powerful reminder of the importance of speaking out against injustice, no matter how daunting the circumstances may be.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

I highly recommend diving into "The Parrot's Perch." It is a profoundly moving memoir that will leave an indelible mark on your heart and mind. Prepare to be mesmerized by Keilt's storytelling prowess and her ability to turn tragedy into triumph.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

I would have loved to hear about her husband's part of the ordeal because I believe he too must have gone through a lot for it to have changed him that much and disrupted their marriage.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

Thank you, Medina Fedrick, for shedding light on this exceptional book and allowing me to share my enthusiasm. Let us join hands in spreading the word about "The Parrot's Perch" so that more readers can be touched by Karen Keilt's remarkable journey of resilience and hope.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

The heart-wrenching story of the author is what I am looking forward to knowing. As she was invited to narrate her experience for the Brazilian National Truth Commission, it was intriguing to know how she survived in jail and how she manage to escape from the mishap. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

Thank you, Medina Fedrick, for shedding light on this exceptional book. Writing about one's experience can be daunting, especially when it could be something difficult to talk about. That only goes to show how brave the person must be. This is a well-written review.
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The reviewer gives "The Parrot's Perch" by Karen Keilt a favorable evaluation, praising it as a memoir that explores the author's challenging life events, and she will seek justice.

The reviewer asserts that they could not detect any flaws in the work. They claim that more information about the husband's experiences before, during, and after the incident would have helped gain perspective on how it damaged their marriage. They still hold the memoir in high respect despite this, though.

The reviewer gives the book an excellent five-star rating, praising its captivating nature and the absence of noticeable faults as signs of expert editing. Although they warn that the book contains some violent descriptions and strong language that may not be appropriate for all readers, they suggest it to non-fiction and memoir fans.

Overall, the critic gives a favorable and thorough assessment of "The Parrot's Perch," praising the author's strength, storytelling prowess, and the book's emotional resonance.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

I have read 'The Parrot's Perch' by Karen Keilt, a woman I will describe as brave, courageous and loving. Despite all she experienced, she still found love. I liked Jack Keilt, her second husband, and all he represented to her. I choose not to write about her harrowing experience here. This is a good review.
Okocha Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Okocha Victor »

Who tipped the police off? It looks like the drugs were planted by someone to set them up. Well, I wouldn't know. Excellent review; I will definitely read this book.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

I concur with the assessment that this is a skillfully crafted autobiography warranting the utmost acclaim. However, the explicit portrayals of both verbal and physical maltreatment mentioned by the evaluator and myself within the text could potentially provoke a negative reaction from certain individuals. Upon perusing it myself, I also experienced a sense of discouragement due to the instances depicting Karen's father's furious acts of aggression.
FictionRome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionrome.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by FictionRome »

What a great review! This book is really great.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story by Susan Mackewich

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will read this memoir to know how to author exonorated herself from the drug dealership problem his brother, Rex, put her into.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”