Review of Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem" by Dr. Frank L. Douglas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas describes the author's extensive research. This study focuses on racism and discrimination, particularly between whites and blacks. In this book, the author outlines two principles for dealing with difficult issues in the social realm, as well as three dimensions for evaluating rules and regulations, namely, privilege, which refers to employees with special status, and processes, which refer to the rules and policies that are implemented. Determine the final dimension from the book. Additionally, he assesses a few situations and chooses his favorite resolutions. Pick up a copy to learn more about the fascinating information presented in this book.

I've read several books over the years about racism and discrimination, but this one approaches the subject from a new angle. It is obvious to me from what I have read in the book that the author did a lot of research before writing it. I was caught up in the story as I worked through these problems using the book's solution. It became clear after talking about JA and his desire for the organization that had discriminated against him that many others had lost their rights, prospects, and entitlements as a result of this discrimination. If taken into consideration, the author makes some recommendations that will assist in finding a long-term solution to this issue.

My favorite part of this book was the examination of the case of JA. He was discriminated against at work; he was not given the job for which he was best qualified, but rather the job was given to someone who deserved it less. I like how the case was divided into sections. This is my favorite part because the man didn't just want compensation; he also wanted a change in policy and procedures to reflect zero tolerance for discrimination. I was on the edge of my seat as I read how the author identified the causes of racism and provided a detailed solution.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. This research was both enlightening and captivating. I will say that the research was done properly. I must commend the author for his originality. I will also thank the editor for a job well done because I could not find any errors in the book, indicating that it is exceptionally edited.

Because of the author's excellent research and the extensive analysis of the instances, I rate the book five out of five stars. I urge everyone to read this book, especially those who want to learn more about how to combat and stop racism and discrimination permanently.

Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem
View: on Bookshelves
sonaley Jain
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by sonaley Jain »

"Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem" by Dr. Frank L. Douglas is an insightful and thought-provoking book that explores the complexities of systemic discrimination and offers a new framework for understanding and addressing the problem.

The book begins by providing a comprehensive overview of the historical and societal factors that have contributed to the persistence of systemic discrimination. Dr. Douglas argues that traditional approaches to addressing discrimination, such as diversity and inclusion initiatives, have failed to adequately address the root causes of the problem. He contends that these approaches often focus on individual acts of discrimination, rather than on the systemic structures and policies that perpetuate inequality.

One of the key strengths of the book is its ability to connect the dots between different forms of discrimination and their underlying causes. Dr. Douglas provides a nuanced and multidimensional understanding of the problem, highlighting the intersections between race, gender, class, and other forms of identity. He argues that the persistence of discrimination is not just the result of individual prejudices, but is also the result of structural inequalities that are deeply embedded in our society.

The author then proposes a new framework for addressing systemic discrimination, which he calls "Reframing the Problem." This framework involves recognizing that discrimination is not just about individual acts of bias, but is also about the structural and systemic factors that perpetuate inequality. Dr. Douglas suggests that by reframing the problem in this way, we can begin to identify the underlying causes of discrimination and develop more effective solutions.

The author also provides several concrete examples of how the Reframing the Problem framework can be applied in different settings. For example, he discusses how the framework can be used to address discrimination in the workplace, in education, and in healthcare. He also provides practical recommendations for how organizations and individuals can begin to apply the framework in their own work.

The book is written in an engaging and accessible style, making it suitable for a wide range of readers. The author's use of real-life examples, case studies and his personal experiences make the reading experience relatable and insightful. The book is also well-researched and well-supported by data and references.

Overall, "Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem" is an important and timely contribution to the ongoing conversation about discrimination and inequality. The author's innovative framework provides a new and more comprehensive way of understanding and addressing the problem. The book is an essential read for anyone interested in understanding and addressing systemic discrimination in all its forms. The author's approach is not only informative but actionable, providing practical steps for readers to take in their own organizations and communities. It is a must-read for leaders, managers, and anyone working to create more equitable and inclusive workplaces and societies.

In conclusion, Dr. Frank L. Douglas's "Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem" is an excellent book that provides a fresh perspective on the problem of discrimination and inequality. The author's "Reframing the Problem" framework offers a new way of understanding and addressing the problem, which is essential for creating more equitable and inclusive workplaces and societies. The book is well-written, well-researched, and provides practical recommendations that readers can put into practice. It is a valuable resource for anyone interested in understanding and addressing systemic discrimination in all its forms.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I have read one of Frank's books before and I was well blessed reading it so I hope this too would be as that. Wonderful review well done.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

It’s great to see that many prominent people are still against the idea of racism and discrimination na d are doing their best to protest against it. Great review!
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Racism and discrimination are acts that have been lurking around for a long time, and I think to be able to tackle this matter properly, people who discriminate or are racists will have to change their mindset and start seeing others the way they see themselves. I believe Dr. Frank L. Douglas's book should give more insight. Nice review.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

The storyline is fascinating as the author carried out detailed research to write distinctively. I hope his recommendations will be utilized for long-term solutions to racism and discrimination. Interesting review
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

One of the things I love about this book is the extensive research done by the author before writing this book according to the review. I think this will be a good read for me. Good job.
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

I always appreciate authors who carry out extensive research before writing books. There's a whole lot about racism in this book that I'd like to find out about. Thanks for a detailed review!
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

I have always been interested on the topic of discrimination and I think I should read this book. Thanks for the engaging review!
Nathan_reading
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathan-reading.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Nathan_reading »

Nice review, I agree with you and like your writing!! Have a good day buddy.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”