Review of From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Review of From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto" by Laurie De Camillis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

At fifty years old and that nefarious m-word creeping up, full-time artist, Laurie De Camillis, struggled with chronic pain, low energy, and a depleting sense of hope. The brain fog was so bad that she'd stopped painting. After successfully quitting smoking, she expected a renewed sense of health. Still, in doing so, she traded one addiction for another and quickly packed on the pounds. The physical ailments continued, and after receiving little help from doctors, she knew she had to take matters into her own hands.

Enter the Keto Diet—the promise to restore balance in the gut by limiting carbohydrates and consuming high levels of fat and sufficient protein. Many others had lost a significant amount of weight after committing to the diet, and it would work for Laurie, too. Still, before tackling the grocery store, she would need to peer into that deep, dark vessel in the kitchen—the refrigerator!

Come along as the author plunges into this new lifestyle. It could work for you, too!

From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto by Laurie De Camillis is a resourceful guide about making peace with your fridge and embracing the Keto life. The pages are adorned with interesting sketches created by the author, a full-time artist, and chock-full of tidbits from her life as she jumps into the uncharted waters of this exciting lifestyle change. Then, through trial and error, she teaches the readers how to start the diet.

The grocery store can be a daunting experience, especially when there are temptations down every aisle. My favorite aspect of the book was that readers received valuable information, including caveats from the author while she narrated her shopping trip. I found this incredibly helpful to have an action plan before heading out. Laurie encouraged readers to shop the perimeter, where one can find almost everything they need for Keto without getting lost in the aisles.

Not only is the book helpful in terms of listing all the dos and don'ts concerning the low-carb, high-fat diet, but the author has done her research, providing information about the food industry. For instance, I never knew that tobacco companies created Hawaiian Punch to lure children and get them addicted to the sweet drink or the number of GMOs pumped into our foods, especially the ones coined "healthy," like my favorite oats! There is no doubt in my mind that I finished reading this book with a greater understanding of the reprehensible tactics used to preserve food and keep consumers coming back for more of the bad stuff!

The editing was exceptional, and I'm happy to report I found no errors in spelling or grammar, and there was nothing to dislike. I have chosen to give the book a rating of five out of five stars because it gave me the pep talk I needed to get started. Moreover, the author provided all anyone needed to know to get started on the diet and which things to avoid. I recommend the book to anyone feeling frustrated with failing diets, those with chronic digestive ailments, and anyone wanting more information about the Keto Diet.

From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto
View: on Bookshelves
DuWane Flowers
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DuWane Flowers »

This book it self is perfect for those of you who plan to diet or need a meal plan.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

I’ve done keto before (admittedly it was lazy keto), and I found a lot of success with it. The hard part is sticking to it. Isn’t that the case with any diet though? I’m curious to check out this book to see if the author has any tips for me to approach it differently or better. Thanks for the review!
Lawrencebanda
Favorite Author: Tony Jeton Selimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
fav_author_id: 220682

Post by Lawrencebanda »

Thanks I like the review of keto the book gives me a question mark to know much on the diet's and how to balance up things
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I haven't heard Keto Diet before. With this book, I'm gonna learn how this diet works out, and how to transform a healthy lifestyle. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY LAURIE DE CAMILLIS WHICH TALKS ABOUT DIET BY EXPLAINING WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO ABOUT THE LOW-CARB, HIGH-FAT DIET.
A BOOK FOR FAILED DIETERS AND THOSE WHO SUFFER FROM CHRONIC DIGESTIVE DISORDERS.GOOD REVIEW
Mercy Joy 6233
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-joy-6233.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Mercy Joy 6233 »

An interesting book speaking about diet.An essential topic in our everyday lives.Thanks for the review.
momanyi enock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by momanyi enock »

Thank you for your insightful review of "From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto" by Laurie De Camillis. I appreciate your description of the author's personal journey and struggles, as well as the practical advice provided in the book for navigating the Keto lifestyle. Your mention of the author's research into the food industry and her inclusion of sketches adds a unique touch to the pages. The absence of errors and your five-star rating indicate your satisfaction with the book. I also appreciate your recommendation for individuals struggling with diets, digestive ailments, or those seeking information about the Keto Diet. Your review serves as a valuable endorsement for potential readers.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

This is a well-structured review. The diction used is very elaborate and comprehensible. I will make sure to remember your points when I read the book.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 80354
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 793%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📚 of the day BOTD is nonfiction a successful journey from out of control food addiction the secret of weight loss she use her own experience to bring the story to life she added drawing, reflection and anecdote. Such an inspiring story it was well written and reviewed I will recommend it 💯✅
Manasvi Madan N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manasvi-madan-n.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Manasvi Madan N »

Thank you for the informative review. Keto or any sort of diet requires us to have complete information, which, judging from your review, is provided by the author. That in itself makes me eager to read this book. The fact about Hawaiian punch created by the tobacco companies is news to me! The author seems to have researched a lot for this book, and adding her touch with illustrations makes this book a very promising read.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Interesting to see 'From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto' by Laurie De Camillis offering a personal journey into the Keto lifestyle alongside insights into the food industry. A practical guide for those considering a diet change. Congratulations on being BOTD!
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Having been on and off Keto for about two years, it was interesting to read your review. I will definitely download and read this book; it looks like it’s filled with more great information and tips.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Milene Dixon-Willoughby
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milene-dixon-willoughby.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Milene Dixon-Willoughby »

This is a beautiful and informative review! I've often been curious about the Keto diet and thought it difficult and unmanageable with my lifestyle. When I see books like this one on the shelves or in online bookstores, I often overlook them because I feel intimidated. Your review of this book has changed my mind, and now I can't wait to read it! Thank you for your review!
Carina Callegaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carina-callegaro.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Carina Callegaro »

I have always tried to be health conscious in my journey to leading a healthy lifestyle. And it is difficult to find any commendable guides no matter the direction you choose to pursue. From Refrigerator Chaos to Keto gave good insight on a personal journey, I enjoyed the guide given by the Author. Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it as it even motivated me to take a deeper look into the Book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”