Review of Challenge Your Dark Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Review of Challenge Your Dark Secret

Post by Frank Mutuma »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Challenge Your Dark Secret" by Gary Eby.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To call the book Challenge Your Dark Secret by Gary Eby motivating would be an understatement. The concepts discussed in the book are thought-provoking and revolutionary, especially in the world today where societies are facing crises in mental health and the overall well-being of individuals. The book discusses the key role played by emotions in influencing the health of people and communities. 

The book discusses emotions such as anger and sadness and how they influence people. For instance, sadness is a normal reaction to loss, but it's not okay when this sadness leads to depression. Anger is normal, but not to the extent of self-harm or harming other people. The first step toward solving a problem is first acknowledging its existence. The author provides five steps toward identifying and solving different issues. The book emphasizes the role of positive thinking in this healing process. Apart from emotions, people's health is affected by a variety of other issues such as education, neighbourhood, social support systems, and government policies and systems. 

First and foremost, I would like to applaud the editors for a job well done as I did not find any editorial errors. This added to the overall beauty of the book. There are numerous positive aspects to this book. I loved the examples used by the author from his wealth of experience as a social worker. Some of them are touching and give hope that it is possible to accomplish whatever one puts his mind to. I also loved the conversational tone adopted by the author. It makes the reader interested. I also loved how the author was vivid and thorough with his explanations and details. This is an important aid to the reader. The language used in the book is also simple and easy to understand. 

There is nothing, in particular, to dislike about this amazing book. I found the book very engaging and educative. The author acknowledges that the health of a person encompasses spirituality, emotional wellness, and other aspects and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity. This is very important. 

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of how practical it is. It provides clear guidance to anyone who would want to utilise it. I also loved the fact that the author provided his email in case anyone wanted his help with mental health issues. I recommend the book to people with low self-esteem and those feeling depressed. 

Challenge Your Dark Secret
View: on Bookshelves
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

The review is very engaging and informative about the book. I believe very strongly in a positive mindset and determining your own happiness. I also believe that the kind of people and sitiations you surround yourself with, is what you bring onto yourself. It sounds as if the author has a similar view on this and I know his book will help a lot of people get out of that hole you can find yourself.
Mary_the_reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-the-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Mary_the_reviewer »

This review was very helpful as it makes me eager to read the book. As human beings we have thousands of emotions in us which are sometimes confusing but it will help individuals understand themselves and others too. I like the fact that there is no editorial errors as that would have discouraged anyone to engage in this book. Your opinions and recommendations are very trustworthy.

Good work!!
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

I want books about mental and emotional health.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”