Review of Thanks for Letting Me Share

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Thanks for Letting Me Share

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Thanks for Letting Me Share" by Steven McDonald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Addiction to drugs and alcohol has always been an issue in society. It affects a lot of homes, families, communities and countries. This issue of addiction has destroyed many people, families, relationships and businesses.

Thanks for Letting Me Share by Steven McDonald is an interesting non-fiction book that talks about addicts, addiction, alcoholics and alcoholism. In this book, the author used several quotes to explain and convey his thoughts and ideas. This book is divided into three major parts. The first part is called “Getting Here." The second part is called “Staying Here” and the third part is called “Higher Power". Each of these parts was filled with several quotes from addicts, and these quotes were also used to explain how addiction begins. This book also talks about recovery and what one must do to recover from addiction. Have you ever wondered how addicts and alcoholics feel? Have you ever pondered on how addiction starts or why addiction seems difficult to overcome? Then read this book to find out.

I enjoyed reading every single page of this book. The author used several quotes from different people to convey his message. Some of these quotes were straightforward and blunt. Some were metaphoric and some were humorous. I couldn’t help but ponder some of the quotes I encountered in this book. I found some of them insightful with a deeper meaning. I also love the author’s style of writing. I could relate to the author’s thoughts and imagination. One of the themes I admire most about this book is that of recovery. The author shared some of the experiences he had with Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) fellowships. I was also thrilled by some of the encounters he had with his sponsor. They were inspiring. I am glad to say that I learned a lot of practical life lessons from this book. I had a great time reading this book. I found some of the quotes funny. I couldn’t hold myself from laughing at some point while reading this book.

There is one thing I did not like about this book. I noticed that the author did not include a table of contents or page numbers in this book. This would have helped its readers to navigate and refer to any portion of the book with ease. Aside from this complaint, there is no other thing about this book that I dislike.

Thanks for Letting Me Share by Steven McDonald is an amazing book. I would gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because I enjoyed reading the book and got to learn a lot of lessons from it. I also noticed that the book was thoroughly proofread and edited. I only noticed a few errors. However, these errors did not prevent me from enjoying this book.

I would recommend this book to people struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol. This book would also serve as a learning material for those interested in learning about the negative impact of drugs and alcohol.

Thanks for Letting Me Share
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

I think this book would be very helpful to everyone out there. At different point in our lives, we must have encountered alcoholics or drug addicts. I certainly would love to read this book. Your review is amazing. Nice job.
Niyi Briggs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niyi-briggs.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Niyi Briggs »

This book is one of a kind. It is easy to sit and cast aspersions on addicts. This book for once tries to hear addicts out. I would love to read this. Thanks for this review.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

This review is well detailed and the book well summarized. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this book and for being honest with it. By the way, congratulations on having your review published.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

It is true that addiction has destroyed a lot of families. More books like these on how to cope with it should be encouraged for reading in our society. Beautiful review.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

This book is good for those with addictions they need to break. It's also good for their friends and family. This is because it will help them understand them better. Good review.
RonnyCollins27
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: complex PTSD Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronnycollins27.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by RonnyCollins27 »

The review is excellent. The world of addiction is unseen by so many as they fail to see beyond the addiction to the person in need. Not many bother to wonder “why” the addict is using, why they have the need to make themselves so numb. Pain, in different forms, is usually the reason, not an excuse, but a reason for their addiction. Great review and I will read this book and learn more about the subject.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

It's great to see this carefully written review. I love the details you've provided about the book. Your review has done justice to this book. Nice one!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”