Review of The Harmony of The Sphere

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of The Harmony of The Sphere

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Harmony of The Sphere" by Ramun Bjerken.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Harmony of the Sphere by Ramun Bjerken is a wonderful collection of prose and poetry where the author taps into his vast life experiences, ranging from losing his father as a four-year-old to growing up in an iron mining village, listening to classical music, getting jailed twice for drinking, disorderly behavior, getting sent to reform school, joining the navy and getting court-martialed for smoking. The author pushing deep into his pockets of experience, schools the reader on various delicate topics like spirituality, oriented relations, the mystic experience and how it is birthed through reasoning, cosmic religion, and many others.

The book has a lot of positive aspects, and it was nicely written without error. The descriptions were vivid, which is of paramount importance in writing, where the writer takes the reader to places he has not been.

The book has many dominant themes, which include solitude, meditation, spirituality, and many others. At a point, he even made mention of cosmic religion, citing a quote from the legendary Albert Einstein where he predicted it to be the religion of the future that will transcend a personal God and steer clear of dogma and theology. Another interesting theme from the book is limitlessness, which the author manifested by combining poems and prose in one body of work, showing us that there is nothing we cannot do!

The author defines oriented relations as the combination of intellectual and spiritual knowledge. He points out the complex nature of spirituality and salutes the important role religions have played. He also posits that modern history has shown us that emotions should not interfere with spirituality which eventually leads to biased opinions and dogmas which are unhealthy for the human mind. The book also highlights the importance of solitude which the writer kept mentioning in various ways. The book also contains some great poems centering on topics like silence, growth, maximizing our potential, memories, and the panic of growing old. Intermittently, the author also zones in and out of science, precisely physics, and feeds the reader with mind-blowing knowledge and enlightenment.

One negative aspect I wish to point out is the fact that it was written with complex words, which might make it hard for some readers. At a point, it felt like reading a physics textbook. It must be pointed out that the author himself might have pointed this out when he stated that his work was for "like minds" in one of his poems.

The book had no other negative aspects, and therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because I consider it a wonderful work of literature, beautifully combining prose and poetry. I recommend this book to freethinkers, philosophers, and every mind that wishes to be enlightened.

The Harmony of The Sphere
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Radhika Nair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-nair.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Radhika Nair »

I have lately come across a few books trying to be deep, but so far this is the only one that has actually piqued my interest. It may have something to do with your lovely review and my recent reading of a book that also explores spirituality through the idiom of physics. I like it when someone has enough knowledge about any subject to be able to use its particular idiom, so for me it's only a plus that the book has big words. I'll check it out if possible. Thank you for an intriguing review!
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

This is a prose and poetry book where the author shared his life experience such as how he loses his father; grow up in an iron mining village; got jailed twice for drinking and so on. The author points out the importance of religion and solitude. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”