Review of Book 2: The Next Six Dog Vacations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Book 2: The Next Six Dog Vacations

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Book 2: The Next Six Dog Vacations" by Carolyn West Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dogs are special and arguably the best pets ever. This is mainly because of the unique characteristics they possess. As a dog lover, the excitement I feel about reviewing this book is second to none.

Book 2: The Next Six Dog Vacations is a non-fictional journal of the vacations and journeys embarked by the author, Carolyn, Kel (her husband), and their two shelter dogs, Bea and B.B. All dog lovers would love this book because Carolyn West Meyer ensured there was absolutely nothing to dislike. From the care and attention given to the "girls," which was the generalistic term assigned to the female dogs, to the detailed adventures upon which they embarked, there was everything to love. When reading about their adventures, it was always filled with laughter, humor, and generally fun. There were no negative emotions or sad moments throughout the book. I found this book a bit adventurous and educational, especially for readers who own pets. However, not all pet owners would be able to relate to this book due to the wide range of pets that readers could own. For instance, a hamster or bird owner might not relate to some of the author's journeys and routines.

I liked the simplistic approach the writer used in conveying her words. She used basic grammar in her word delivery, making it very comfortable to read the book. Her storytelling skills and narration style were superb, as you could hardly miss a thing in the book. This also made the book more understandable. Even with its predictable optimistic conclusion, every page was fascinating and engaging. The predictability didn't deter me from enjoying this book.

Although there was little dialogue in this book due to the low presence of human characters, the description of the scenery and settings seemed to bolster the book's appeal. The added pictures embellished the book further. Also, the writer stuck to the core theme of this book, making it strictly about adventures and vacations revolving around their two pet dogs. The main focus was entirely on the dogs' habits and personalities. One more resounding element of this book was the writer's humor; her interactions with her dogs could quickly put a smile on the reader's face as it was something most readers would find fascinating.

The editing of this book was professional, as I encountered only a few minor errors. Since there wasn't anything to dislike, I'd give Book 2: The Next Six Dog Vacations a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would not necessarily call this a journey guide for pets, but I would still recommend it as such. I'd also recommend it to mature readers interested in books about nonfiction adventures and fascinated with pets, especially dogs. I believe this book should come in handy for every dog owner and lover out there.

Book 2: The Next Six Dog Vacations
View: on Bookshelves
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Dogs are man's best friends. I'd love to read this book.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I am looking forward to reading this book! I read and reviewed Book 1 about Bea and B.B.'s first four vacations and enjoyed it! Catherin is definitely a great storyteller. You sparked my curiosity about how the "girls" enjoyed their next trips! Thanks for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Dogs do have their own personalities and I would love to see how Catherine and Kel go about giving the girls a great time. Excellent book.
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I am not a huge fan of pets generally, but I'm a sucker for a well-written story. I can feel your enthusiasm seep through this review. Great job! Will certainly check this one out.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

As a lover of dogs, I'm sure this would make an exciting read for me. Can't wait to find out more about the author's adventures with her dogs.
Kenny102
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kenny102 »

Am so thirsty of having a piece of this book, the review was superb and is going to be a plus to me as am a dog lover
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Maliha Naveed »

As a dog lover myself, I would love to read this book. And it is such a joy to know that the book has humor elements in it too. A double treat indeed! Thanks for the review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

of course, a dog's loyalty cannot be compared to any other pet this is beautifully described in this book. I will love to read this book
:tiphat:
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

powerful review for a powerful book. the storyline is captivating and i am excited to have come across this book.
Aboje
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Aboje »

Wow There were no negative emotions or sad moments throughout the book. I found this book a bit adventurous and educational, especially for readers who own pets. However, not all pet owners would be able to relate to this book due to the wide range of pets that readers could own. For instance, a hamster or bird owner might not relate to some of the author's journeys and routines.
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammarah-azhar-1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Ammarah Azhar Khan »

I am an animal lover so anything with animals is a plus plus in my book.after reading this book review I realized that if I read this book I would rate it 5 out of 4 stars .
Amberly Ayra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberly-ayra.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Amberly Ayra »

I love dogs, I find this book very interesting. It's amazing what you can do with a pet. I also like when books spend their time describing scenarios, that makes it easier to follow the reading.
Excellent review, it looks like this book will be entertaining.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I am not a dog lover I can recount several experiences I have had with dogs. It is good to read a book on dog. I enjoyed the author's writing style and I hope one day I won't be scared of them again
Achiever Tandoh
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achiever-tandoh.html
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt

Post by Achiever Tandoh »

I am very much in love with the author's writing style owing ro this review. I'd would've loved to read the book but for the fact that I am not a fan of dogs. Hence I will pass. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”