Review of Pati to existence, my courageous journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Pati to existence, my courageous journey

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pati to existence, my courageous journey" by Pateletso Mokgotle.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if you had the opportunity to go through the moments of your life with a different perspective? What if you could visit your world from the past? This is what Pateletso Mokgotle does in Pati to existence, my courageous journey.

This book is a compilation of the author's emotions, discoveries, and realizations. After losing his parents at a young age, Pateletso sought love from every place he could. However, he was met with disappointment. He was treated badly by his own family, and his business did not make things easy for him. However, he seems to have awakened a sense of awareness and self-mastery. In this book, he shares his journey to some of the conclusions he arrived at.

Many people go through tragic circumstances. However, not everyone approaches their circumstances in the same manner. Revisiting an undesirable past comes with a lot of sorrow, and you must be brave to walk down such a path again. I must commend the author's resilience and positive approach to life. There was a section in this book that discussed his life stories, and I was shocked to find out how cruel human beings could be. One of the lessons that guided him on this path was that he was responsible for being a master of himself. While he acknowledged the existence of divinity, I liked that he advised readers to find the light within themselves.

Pateletso gave details about his unimpressive past. What I found interesting about this was that he revisited it with a critical approach, trying to discover what went wrong. I learned from this book not to aimlessly dwell on past events but to use them as a learning approach. On the other hand, he spreads a lot of positivity explaining how to navigate your journey to a destination of fulfillment. The pieces of advice he shares in the second section of this book are incredibly helpful.

I had a problem with the coherence and flow of the structure of this book. I think this book could have been better structured with more headings and chapters. At some point, I wasn't sure what a particular page was about, as it felt repetitive. This affected my reading experience. Because of this, I am deducting a star. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book was perfectly edited, as I did not encounter errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to readers who have a hard time dealing with their pasts. There is some information about divinity, but I think that readers of different religions can read this book because it doesn't discuss a particular religion.

Pati to existence, my courageous journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judith Donald
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-donald.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Judith Donald »

It could not have been easy for Pateletso to cope after losing his parents. Yes, I have thought about revisiting my life from a different perspective. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

from this review, i cant but say that the storyline is powerful and the author did a great job. nice review.
peter-turo
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-turo.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by peter-turo »

I admire this book; it has addresses sensitive topics in my life such as self-awareness. Revisiting our past lives in order to solve puzzles and issues which have potential to limit our potential is very important. Looking forward to read this one.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

The past helps us to re-asses the points where we failed and succeeded. Reflecting on the past is a powerful tool in building a robust future. This is a beautiful book from the looks of it.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

If it was someone else, we would be hearing another story. Pateletso has seen it all and has handled it maturely. Doesn't allow his past to bring him down but rather progresses in its reflection. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”