Review of Reflect

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of Reflect

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reflect" by Maria Lizza Bowen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It has always been said that perception shapes reality; however, it is not just about what we perceive. How we perceive, which says a lot about who we are, plays an even more important role in shaping our reality, which can affect our lives positively and negatively. Even in difficult situations, it is very easy for us to have clouded minds and accept negative realities without taking responsibility for our roles in creating such situations. According to Maria Lizza Bowen, we can only grow, learn, and find peace and balance when we settle down to acknowledge what is actually happening in our lives with love and without blaming anyone. Her book, Reflect: A Perspective on Understanding Your Reality and Becoming Unstuck, offers a fresh perspective while she aims to help readers open their minds to the truth through a transformational journey towards self-awareness and self-discovery. How can we get rid of the factors that cloud our perception on this journey?

The book particularly stands out because of how relatable the author's message is, and this is what I like the most about this read. One key message that I connected to in this book was the significance of awareness of what is inside you. While reading, I could think of a lot of occasions when I found myself projecting certain attributes and insecurities on people, which caused issues between myself and those people. This book strongly advocates for taking the time to look within yourself and understand that it is easier and better to process your emotions when you are self-aware, and I am in complete agreement.

The author speaks from a place of confidence as someone who has overcome tough situations, and it is reassuring to know that I can apply the methods she illustrated through some of her personal short stories in the book. She also employs principles of physics and intriguing metaphors to make her lessons clearer. One good example involved using the facets of an orchestra to explain how our differences make life rich and add to our growth. Interestingly, I do not like delving into physics, but the author managed to grasp my attention in these parts of the book, and this was a testament to her ability to make the message simple and easy to understand.

Also, the book works on changing the way you think and includes practical examples on how to go about changing these thoughts. In the end, you should be able to see the positive sides of obstacles you face, deal with negative emotions without becoming them, deal with different fears that prevent us from moving on, understand how to be honest with yourself, and more. There is a lot for readers to gain from this insightful read, and there is nothing I dislike about to book. I found just five errors while reading, which convinced me that the text was professionally edited.

Overall, Reflect: A Perspective on Understanding Your Reality and Becoming Unstuck was an enlightening read, and I look forward to putting several of the principles into practice and believe it will positively impact my life, especially in regard to peace and happiness. I rate this book four out of four stars since it is brilliantly executed, and there is no reason to rate it lower. I would recommend this guide to readers who seek self-discovery and self-awareness.

Reflect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I do believe that our thoughts cause negative feelings. It's hard to overcome these.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, I can tell that this book is going to be very interesting. I would definitely get this book in my shelf. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

powerful review for a powerful book. the storyline is captivating and i am excited to have come across this book.
Fearnia Laurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearnia-laurel.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Fearnia Laurel »

A lot of problems in life can be traced back to ourselves as the source. Having self-awareness is important. Additionally, knowing how to deal with negative thoughts is also a much-required skill to have. I often found myself knowing what I did was wrong but doesn't know how to solve it. I would definitely give this book a try. Thank you for the review.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

The journey to self-discovery is a long one. I admire those who discovered themselves earlier. Am heading there bit by bit. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kieran Anslow »

In my opinion, this book shows the importance of perception. I love the author's perspective, and I'd love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

This book touches on so many issues experienced on an individual level .It is a path to those seeking freedom .

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”