Review of 10 Leading Tools

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Review of 10 Leading Tools

Post by joshfee77 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "10 Leading Tools" by KG Butler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"In the chapters to follow, we will explore ways to change how you think about leadership and what a leader should be. We’ll discover how to take some presumably ordinary things and turn them into life-altering tools of leadership." These intriguing words introduced 10 Leading Tools by KG Butler. As a team leader myself, I couldn't wait to learn about the tools that might make me more effective at my job and perhaps in my personal life, too.

KG Butler grew up in Rockwall near Dallas, Texas, with two brothers and a sister. After witnessing a devastating highway accident on a road trip in 2000, Butler began to question his own life and purpose. He decided to be a leader, not a bystander. As an adult, he began researching the three main types of leadership but felt something was missing. Assembling the puzzle from both his research and observing real people, he began to draw conclusions about how best to lead others.

Butler's book features a conversational writing style that is easy to read. It includes plenty of anecdotes about real-life events to enhance readability and engagement. His analogies are almost universally relevant, which helps his readers identify with the material and how it can be used to make them better leaders. He also encourages them to start small and take action on the tools that seem most relevant to their lives at present. Butler talks about "being intentional" with the tools by imagining their usefulness in solving a problem, seeing the information in a new way, then applying it.

The author details his ten leading tools in a series of easily manageable sections, with practical exercises for his readers to apply to improve how they lead others. He presents all of the information in an encouraging and empowering manner. The editing of 10 Leading Tools is excellent; I found less than ten minor typographical errors in the entire book. The author also includes a list of resources and an index at the end of his book, in case the reader wishes to return to a relevant story or reference for inspiration.

The minor typographical errors I found were the only thing I disliked about this book. I enjoyed 10 Leading Tools immensely and rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It is interesting, engaging, and inspiring. I would recommend it to anyone looking to grow as a leader, either in business, their personal lives, or both. With no profanity or sexual content, it is suitable for any adult or teen reader looking to improve themselves.

10 Leading Tools
View: on Bookshelves
MOHAMMAD HARUN
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by MOHAMMAD HARUN »

a very extraordinary writer, making a book with a very interesting story for readers to continue reading the contents of the plot, I really like reading this book, for the creator of this book thank you very much, because this is a life lesson and a lesson for me, thank you again.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

Interesting review. saw at the review that the book 10 leading tools by KG Butler made available the 10 leading tools to acquire leadership qualities. I would be happy to read the book so I can learn the 10 leading tools for self-improvement.
Rachelle Ann Mato
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rachelle Ann Mato »

This is interesting to review, I always doubt myself for being a poor woman but I know, I have a purpose in life. Many of us has a problem but think of your family to have a strong dignity.... I want to read this 10 leading tools for self-confidence.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Interesting, I hope the book had some real-life solutions to those of us who dare to be leaders. Nice review.
rahmad eko priyono susilo
Currently Reading:

Post by rahmad eko priyono susilo »

This is interesting to review, I always doubt myself for being a poor woman but I know, I have a purpose in life. Many of us has a problem but think of your family to have a strong dignity.... I want to read this 10 leading tools for self-confidence.
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

This book talks about 10 leading tools for leaders to improve themselves or anyone that wanted to become a leader. The book also talks about accidents that Butler witnessed that make him think of becoming a leader. The author's writing was also conversational. I am glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the review.
Deonilo Toledo
Currently Reading:

Post by Deonilo Toledo »

This book is so interesting... there's so many that you can learn...and the best part of it is the topic is so unique that is in people's taste
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Sounds like an amazing book that tells about the tools that are useful to becoming a better leader. Thank you for the nice review!
Folatha Manaka

Post by Folatha Manaka »

This book is really great. With tools that can help a person become a better leader. I really like it.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

There are so many things to learn after reading this book. It is very educative and I learned many things after reading it.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Being handed a leadership position a few days ago, I think this is the best book for me right now! Thank you for the awesome review.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

I believe in leadership. It is a quality one has but in different capacities. One's self-esteem is a major influence on the degree to which one can portray leadership. With that said, it would have been best to say develop rather than change in the introduction sentence stated in this review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Living and it's purpose is what we must all realize before we leave this world behind. I look forward to reading this book and improving my leadership skills. Wonderful review
Monkgogi Samuel
Currently Reading: Playing Chess with God
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Monkgogi Samuel »

I haven`t gone through the book 10 Leading Tools but the title is so tempting and inviting more especially that I aspire to be a leader at some point in my life! It caresses my curiosity and makes me want to get hold of these leading tools in my personal and professional life.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”